Lake Cumberland, KY

GoBlue, glad to have you here! There are a bunch of LC folks on this forum. In regards to your Bimini question, I can't answer that one. Maybe talk to the folks down the road at lookout or call a welding shop to see if they can make one.

On a totally different note, I hope at some point we can have a forum get together on the lake!

Spinzone - Thanks for the response...Look forward to meeting you on the Lake.....Go Big Blue.........

We had a full camper made for our 2275RFSI without the forward bimini.Theres an older gentleman outside of somerset.He installed windows and everything.We sleep on ours during the summer with a small 110 A/C.The guys name is Curtis Cooper

Its sweet with our floor plan we have the two captains in the front and benches on both sides.Just enough room for Queen air matress in middle.It comes off in 4 sections and is zipped into bimini

Just got my slip contract in the mail today. It can only mean one thing...... boating season is only a few weeks away!

I envy you Spinzone, boating in the Adirondacks of New York means our lake is still covered with ice and we have a tenative date to put the docks in early May. The dealer I bought my first Bennie from is on a smaller 6 mile lake and his docks go in about mid April. Knowing how anxious I am he has offered to let me dock for free at his place until our docks go in.

I plan to do a test run the 1st weekend in April to run out the old fuel and make sure everything is working properly before the season is in full swing.

Got the Bennington out on the lake finally this past weekend. Lake was great, no debris to be seen. Got 28.4mph out of her with a full tank of fuel and about 700 lbs of passengers onboard.

I have to say I'm jealous! I'm still stuck at home for the next two weeks. Working on house projects until I get the OK to get out on the boat!

Headed down to Conley tomorrow afternoon. We'll be doing the sunset cruise to and from the West end. hope to see some of you all on the water!

Heading out tonight to Lees Ford.Went down last weekend and slept on boat.This weekend staying in cabin on the hill.Have seen a couple new Bennys docked this year that wasnt there last year.

ML, we may head to LFM to have dinner this evening. Look for us if you are out!

Oh... JD was on TV this morning saying all cabins were fully booked and all hotel rooms in the area were booked as well. Expected to be the busiest Memorial Day weekend since the lake was lowered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we made it to the cabin. No one else is here yet. We will get the Benny out in the, owning though.

Thunder run this weekend! Accuweather is calling for a beautiful weekend. See you all out there!

Thunder run this weekend! Accuweather is calling for a beautiful weekend. See you all out there!
Picking the boat up at Sat morning at 8:00 am from Lookout Marina and will be downriver from Conley Bottom in time to watch the Run.

We'll be floating somewhere in the same area tomorrow morning. I'll be on the lookout for you.

We'll be floating somewhere in the same area tomorrow morning. I'll be on the lookout for you.
We will be in the area where they do the raftup every year. Fiqure the boats will be at full speed on that straightaway. Should be anchored by 1 pm eastern time. Red boat with red bimini. Look for a laid back couple enjoying life!

We will be in the area where they do the raftup every year. Fiqure the boats will be at full speed on that straightaway. Should be anchored by 1 pm eastern time. Red boat with red bimini. Look for a laid back couple enjoying life!
Planning to hit Shinbone too. I'll be with 4 little ones and 4 adults so may not be your cup of tea!

Planning to hit Shinbone too. I'll be with 4 little ones and 4 adults so may not be your cup of tea!
We enjoy everybody. We had young kids on the boats since diapers. Glad to be done with that. Now we are waiting for grandkids. Working on getting enough toys that they will want to come to the Lake before they get into all the sports. My wife spent summers on Lake Cumberland with her grandparents. Her parents would come down for the weekends. Hope to make the samething happen! Hope to see you on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back