Lake Cumberland, KY

Planning to hit Shinbone too.
Got the boat back from the dealer on Saturday morning. Got it fueled, loaded and launched with no problems. First time we have used it since we bought it. We got anchored with the loungers facing the middle of the lake and waited for the Poker Run boats. Enjoyed watching them go by at speed. I then asked Jill if she wanted to go down to the Harmon Creek raftup. Since our old toon maxed out at 18mph we never traveled far on the Lake. Had a great trip down but found out that a smaller Bennington with a 225hp outboard is faster than our boat :( . Got to the Creek and the boat cut out. Looked at the gauges and we were overheating and no battery charging. Seawater pump had seized and thrown the belt. Called Marine Assist and had a three hour tow back to the dock. Sure wish we had bought their policy. The very nice captain apologized for the cost and gave us some cozies with the bill. I told Jill that the tow was cheap but we bought some very expensive cozies. Lesson learned - buy the policy. Murphy's Law says that the breakdown will happen the furtherest from the dock you will travel this year.

We came down to Conly sunday morning to visit some friends.Then went back up in White Oak didnt see much activity now know why.Are you going to fix your boat in the water or pull it out? Sorry to hear about you bad luck.

We came down toConleyySundayy morning to visit some friends.Then went back up in White Oak didnt see much activity now know why.Are you going to fix your boat in the water or pull it out? Sorry to hear about you bad luck.
Pulled the boat out Sunday morning and took it back to Lookout Marina. Put the spare pontoon boat in the water and floated all day. We were anchored at the first island up White Oak. We properly saw you go by.

Anybody planning to go to Raft Up August 11th?
We will be in Chicago with the kids. We are planning on watching the Poker Run in Sept.

ML,

Unfortunately we pulled the boat today. It's sitting in my driveway waiting to be shipped to our new home. Sure am going to miss LC.

ML,

Unfortunately we pulled the boat today. It's sitting in my driveway waiting to be shipped to our new home. Sure am going to miss LC.
What a great new journey. LC is a foundation for all the new things that will fill your life. As somebody that moved alot, the past gives you experience that make the new easier. Enjoy.

Heads up on the 2013 Lake Cumberland Raft-up. August 10 from 11:00 to 5:00 at Shinbone Point. 2 miles downriver from Conley Bottom Marina. Live music from 1-4:30. Come hangout with 1,000 of your closest friends. It is not near as crazy as LOTO or AZ. It set the Guinness World record several years ago and still holds the title.

FYI, The lake is back up to the 710' elevation (25' increase) after the dam repairs. The coves are back and the Lake looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you going to Lookout Marine or Lodders' Marine?

I worked with both Lodder's and Lookout Marine for a long time. But a dealer in Livingston Tn. made me the best deal. The folks at Sportsman Center worked very hard to get the business. They even took two Benningtons to the lake so I could test drive them. I highly recommend them.  

Great another happy customer for Bob and the boys. You will love dealing with them. They have sort of become family to us.

I worked with both Lodder's and Lookout Marine for a long time. But a dealer in Livingston Tn. made me the best deal. The folks at Sportsman Center worked very hard to get the business. They even took two Benningtons to the lake so I could test drive them. I highly recommend them.  
What are the spec's on your new Boat?

We are 1 mile upriver from Conley Bottom marina on the main channel.

2375RCW with yamaha 250hp ESP package. we're coming out of Baja. Our family and friend are all to big for the Baja. At one time I could get four adults and three small kids in the boat and do OK. Well as time move on everyone is gotten bigger. So now the Baja will only hold four adults. The kids are 6'2" 200 plus pounds and the adults are a little bigger too. So I've been told the kids can tube and ski and the adults can have some room to move. According to the spec the 250hp is as big as you go on the 2375RCW.  

You will love the boat.  Our kids have had 12 people on the boat and still can pull a tube.  Just prop the boat for holeshot and midrange power and don't worry about top end speed.

The Corp was not going to raise the lake to spring pool level because a fish was living in one of the creeks that had a lower water level because of the dam repairs.  http://www.kentucky.com/2014/01/29/3058693/endangered-fish-found-in-lake.html  A neighbor wrote Paul Rand and got a reply that the Feds have a solution and they will raise it to full level.  That would be the first time in 7 years :D  .  We are looking forward to the Lake being back up. There is now a danger of people jumping off the cliffs into trees that are now underwater.   Our docks go in on April 26.  Getting close to time to call and get the boat delivered out of the Tobacco barn!

Lake Cumberland Raft-up this Saturday.  1 mile downriver from Conley Bottom Marina.  Jill is in CA with the grand-baby, so just me, the boat, the blender and 800 happy people floating in the water this year.  

http://www.lakecumberlandraftup.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, impressive, all these Benny owner on Lake Cumberland. I'm at Grider Hill slip 51. This is my first pontoon and I love it, so does the family.. We had a 27 ft Baja 454 mag and I thought there is no way a pontoon would make me happy. Well I was totally incorrect. This 2014 2375RCW Elliptical with 250 Yamaha handles, rides and performs as good as the Baja and it cost a lot less to operate. We ski, tube and wakeboard with it. Put 6 to 8 people on it and go in comfort. Anyway stop by say Hi pull up seat and drink. Be back down the third weekend in August. Safe boating ya all

Lake Cumberland Raft-up this Saturday.  1 mile downriver from Conley Bottom Marina.  Jill is in CA with the grand-baby, so just me, the boat, the blender and 800 happy people floating in the water this year.  

http://www.lakecumberlandraftup.com/
I should come down to keep you company. We rented houseboats for several years at Grider Hill and loved it. Glad to hear the water is back up too!

Back