Lake Flooded

skeptic

Reaction score
I'm sure all of you are aware of the flooding around the country. We certainly received our share of the rain and now the lake is about 35 ft above summer pool. Corp of Engineers are hoping the water is down to summer pool in six weeks provided there's not any major rain storms in the area. I've had my boat since Feb and was waiting for warm weather. I put the new boat in the water once (over a month ago now) then the rains came. Looks like half the summer will be gone before we get back on the water. :(

Wow 35 ft. What lake are you on. My home lake is in Mo, Truman Lake. I checked yesterday and it's only up 7ft but will rise this week with rain forcasted.

Steve

Our lake, Lake Cumberland,Ky Has been kept at 680' "above sea level" for several years as they complete repairs to the dam. the normal summer pool is 723'. We hit 724'+ last week due to the flooding on the Ohio and Mississippi rivers. I like the lake at this level but the debris is horrible. You can walk across the lake without getting wet in several areas, and this is on a lake 100 miles long. We went out last weekend trying to get hours on the boat, but it was scary.

Back