Lake Hopatcong

BensBenny

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm closing on my Bennington today at Greenwood Lake. The dealer should deliver it to Lake Hopatcong by next weekend. I know I've seen other Benningtons at Byrums cove last year. The Cove can get crowded and since it takes awhile to know how this boat handles, It may not be easy to weave through the crowd to stop by and say hello. I'm usually on the West side, not far into the cove. Hope to see you this season.

Welcome Ben. I see you're from West Orange. I used to work at the Exxon station on the corner of rt 10 and Pleasant valley way in the 70's. Enjoy the toon.

Hi Carl and Suzy, Ah, to be on Lake Norman.... My son lived in Charlotte for a while so we rented a house at Sherrils Ford and had our first long term exposure to pontoon boating. What a great place!

Gas station is still there. Don't know how they stay in business at $2.89 /G regular?

As far as the boat, we still don't have it. Went to contract April 6th and dealer was getting title from original owner..Visited dealer for orientation ride the date I mentioned above. Check in hand, no title to close with. Calling and writing dealer regularly. No answer to emails this week. This is a Bennington dealer too.Phone call this afternoon and visit shortly thereafter. So... Anyday, anyday, ... I have a few electrical projects to write up and photo for the forum but... no boat.

Good luck with your boat.  I have bought two boats from DeFeo's Marina, one used and one brand new.  Great experiences with both purchases.  I live on Greenwood Lake and have boated on Lake Hopatcong in the past.

Thanks GWLK. Waiting either for sellers bank or DMV to send paperwork. First time I ran into this delay buying used boats over many years. Started projects include a dual battery distribution panel, SimRad GoXSE ready to install, NMEA 2K network, new porta-potti, and a bunch of LED and other projects ready for installation. I was hoping to get a lot done before the weather changes from winter to summer. Forget spring. Great boat you picked out. Enjoy.

Now enjoying the 3rd year. I still get compliments on my 2008.
We had the DEP come by the docks yesterday taking samples and spraying something into the water. The airboat was loud so I couldn't ask him what he sprayed. Hope they don't scare people for the next month or so. Enjoy the lake.

Been at the lake for many years....Byram cove is by far the most fun...sold the old boat and will be christining our new, used Benny this spring in the cove. 2014 24SSRX red, keep an eye out for us :)

Back