Lake Lanier GA

JIm_Andrea

Reaction score
Any out there from the Lake Lanier Area??

Not me, but early in August am driving up to Gainesville, GA to join with three of my friends (2 from Iowa) and we are hoping to do some fishing and a little golf.  We are either going to hire a guide or maybe rent a pontoon.

I used to live close by Lake Lanier.  Left when the Atlanta road traffic became unbearable.

But Lanier's a really beautiful lake when water levels are up, and they should be up to full pool now.  It's hard to believe 4.5 million people live in the area.

The recreational facilities on Lake Lanier are incredible, with many Corp of Engineers campgrounds, huge marinas and Lake Lanier Island's two golf courses and two huge hotels.   It's the U.S. Government's most visited tourist sight, and incredible numbers of boats are on the lake on weekends.

I am on Lanier almost every weekend. We just purchased a new 2375 GCW.
What part of the Lake?  I live in Cumming and have my boat docked at Port Royal Marina off of 369

I live on Lanier and have boated here for over 40 years. Just ordered my first Bennington 2575Qsb. Hopefully the last Pontoon I will need. Had a Grand Mariner 25 with a Verado 300.Was a great Pontoon. A V8 outboard and the style of the Bennington cost me a lot of money. Acrually a great deal from Jay at Atlanta Marine. If a Pontoon can be nice looking I finally have one. Fred

Pics or it's not true. Congrats.

Back