Lake Norman Question!

Dev75

Reaction score
NYS Finger Lakes Region - Skaneateles Lake
Hey guys, my wife had a last minute business trip to Charlotte.  If she gets some free time in the next few days she wants to take a quick drive over to the lake to check out some of the townhomes/condos.  Will a few hours give her time to do this and if so, any suggestions on some areas to look at on the end of the lake near Charlotte?   We still have a few years left up North but might as well take advantage of being in the area!  

Hey guys, my wife had a last minute business trip to Charlotte.  If she gets some free time in the next few days she wants to take a quick drive over to the lake to check out some of the townhomes/condos.  Will a few hours give her time to do this and if so, any suggestions on some areas to look at on the end of the lake near Charlotte?   We still have a few years left up North but might as well take advantage of being in the area!  

She could spend DAYS looking at what this lake has to offer. 

I would suggest looking at town homes/condos off of  Exit 28 Cornelius, and Exit 30 Davidson off of I77. Exit 30 has waterfront condos right there you can see right off the exit. Tell her to go west towards the lake at each of these exits. If she could get a good map ahead of time that would be helpful or just look it up online.......

Carl has a good friend of theirs that is a real estate agent. Maybe he could hook them up if your wife has the time.....

She could spend DAYS looking at what this lake has to offer. 

I would suggest looking at town homes/condos off of  Exit 28 Cornelius, and Exit 30 Davidson off of I77. Exit 30 has waterfront condos right there you can see right off the exit. Tell her to go west towards the lake at each of these exits. If she could get a good map ahead of time that would be helpful or just look it up online.......

Carl has a good friend of theirs that is a real estate agent. Maybe he could hook them up if your wife has the time.....

Thanks for the info Kahuna!  Carl graciously offered to introduce us to his contact however, I don't think she will have time.  It would likely be 2 hrs free time at most and it would be in between about a dozen meetings in a 3 day time span.   Not to mention we are a few years out from making an actual move.  

Not that I'm partial but the west side of the lake is less expensive to live on. And..................if your wife only has a couple of hours between meetings, it might not be enough time to drive back and forth. East side is way too crowded also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not that I'm partial but the east side of the lake is less expensive to live on. And..................if your wife only has a couple of hours between meetings, it might not be enough time to drive back and forth. East side is way too crowded also.

You mean the "West" side is less expensive??? 

Agreed if she only has a couple hrs. in between meetings she won't have enough time......

Take into account it may take an hour to get to the lake from Charlotte depending on the time of day and where in Charlotte the meetings are even though it is only 20 miles north of center city. 

Cant wait until the toll lanes are finished (que the sarcasm)  :wacko:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys just spoke to her, something tells me she's going to find time to take the ride.  I'm a little nervous she's going to come back and tell me we're closing on a place in a month.   :eek:

Thanks guys just spoke to her, something tells me she's going to find time to take the ride.  I'm a little nervous she's going to come back and tell me we're closing on a place in a month.   :eek:

Send me a PM and I'll send you my cell # for her.

Back