Lake St. Clair Bennington OWNERS

RReaume

Reaction score
Just curious as to how many Bennington run on Lake St. Clair. Please post your area and or marina you are at.

Myself

Beacon Cove Marina

Guess I'm the only one on Lake St clair. That's on this forum

Ive seen a few out on st. clair.  WIth Wilson Marine being a large benning dealer in the area, I am suprised more aren't on here. I keep ours in Caseville and Wilson delievered 1 to our neighbors 2 seasons ago.  I have only seen 3 at most Benny's on Saginaw bay.  A few Tahoe's, a couple Premiere's, but mostly older harris, Sylvans, Sanpans, Crest, etc

I was there today they sold a 24 harris that will be in anchor bay. I know they said there is a few out there. One even is set up with the 350. They are selling alot more for the big lakes I give it a few years and I bet there will be alot out there.

We just launched yesterday on LSC and the maiden voyage was unbelievable! You could tell the other boaters weren't used to seeing a finished basement going by at 45 mph. Tomorrow sunshine and 70 - time to run it again!

Lol finished basement. THAT my friend is funny.

45, what does that feel like? Sounds like you had a blast!

We just launched yesterday on LSC and the maiden voyage was unbelievable! You could tell the other boaters weren't used to seeing a finished basement going by at 45 mph. Tomorrow sunshine and 70 - time to run it again!
What's the specs on your boat?

2014 - 2550 RSRB 300 Yammie - Black with Grey Accent. We added an extra gate starboard side in front of helm and we chose the full seating in the back with a center entrance instead of the side gate entrance.

The turning, speed and smoothness of ride over 2 foot chop made us believers that B-toons with ESP are just perfect for LSC. We even went over a 46 foot boats wake with ease.

Rick & Lynn, Miller Marina SCS, MI

Welcome, and that sounds real nice!

Sounds like a very nice setup Rick. I am having a few issues with my setup. Can you tell me what prop you have and what hole the engine is mounted in. My first run I could only hit 40-41 mph at 5400 rpm. Thanks

Hope to see you out there

Hey Roy, I was at Wislon yesterday and your name came up in conversation with Chris Sommers and Mitch Vermander. The guys believe your boat and mine will help to sell more of the same on Lake St. Clair in the coming years. The 30s and 40s age group are starting to show interest with new designs and improved performance. Mitch set me up with a 17 pitch SS prop. Ask Captian Mitch Vermander at Wilson just to confirm, but since we have very similar set ups we should use same props...

Hopefully we'll meet each other soon Roy!

Rick

Rick

Do you happen to know what rpms you were hitting at wot. Prop you are running with dia and pitch. Also do you know what hole your motor is mounted in.

Thanks Roy

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy, just hung up with Mitch at Wilson - he said you were in this morning.  He claims your motor was hung too low and you should be bolted through the second hole.  I'm in break-in period, so we hit 5800 at 3/4

WOT for a split second and backed off.  Mitch couldn't recall the prop size.  Call him and hill look up for you...

Good luck!

Rick

I might drop mine in at DYC sometime soon.  I have a couple friends that are members there.  I'm not sure if my boat can handle the water out there, I just have twin 25" toons on a GSR 2550, with a 150 Yammie.  Do you think I would survive out there?

My friend has a yacht he paid less than what I did for my pontoon, LOL.

Kells I wish I could give you an answer to that but this is my first pontoon. I think your boat should not have a problem during normal weather conditions but when it gets rough you might get wet just my opinion though. Best is to get out there stay close to the marina and see how it handles. I see a lot of twin tube pontoon in the channels pretty old ones too. Good luck and let us k ow how it handles.

Back