Lakes in central IL?

lakeliving

Reaction score
My company has an open position but employee would need to live in IL to manage that area. Long story short, before I throw my name in we're looking for lakes and am not coming up with much. Any 1000 acre lakes without hp limitations and housing on them?

Thanks

MISSISSIPPI RIVER runs the length. What area you looking at? Galena area is beautiful.

More central, Springfield to Chicago. Or east of Springfield. Looking for larger lake, with reasonably priced homes right on the water, and no hp limitations. Seems like every body of water in il is a park with no homes.

Lake Michigan ??? :)

Smart ass!

This is why wealthy Chicagoans come to Michigan to boat! Negotiate a salary and resources to come here (fly?) on weekends and summers to boat. There's a poop-ton who do, believe me!

Smart ass!
Geeesh.... Ask a question and don't like the answer .... Just like my boss ..... LOL !!!!

Seriously, you are right, I didn't see much other than LM. You'd think there'd be more, but I guess with LM close by, they felt no need for man made reservoirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, I should have updated and advised I did not pursue the position due to lack of boating areas compaired to MI. Lake living or bust!!

Back