Last day......

BigKahuna

Reaction score
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous here as far is boating is concerned. The problem is we haven't had any measurable rain here on Lake Norman for about a month now. We've had over 70 days of 90 degree and above temps here this summer. As a result the water level is a good 4 or 5 feet low so............ It was time to take Big Kahuna out for the season. We were out all day Friday and hung out with Nautical and his wife for a bit in the southern part of the lake. It hit 98 degrees. My wife dropped me off at our dock and I went home and got our Expedition with the boat trailer already attached. We met at the local boat ramp and put our boat on the trailer and took her home. As I power washed the toons my wife took everything out (Skis, wakeboard, vests, throw pillows, etc.) and put them in the garage. Another fine season comes to an end in NC. Temperature on Saturday? 68 degrees. 30 degrees colder than Friday..........IMG_20190923_185355017.jpg

Un-like button .... :(

We ain’t making it out this weekend... might be over for the season. Only good thing is, dealer pulls ours out last. He’ll take it out last week of October, so crossing fingers for maybe one more half decent weekend.

:-(

I don't get to keep mine in the water so crocodile tears for you all! :)

My 8th grade daughter gets a Fall Break and we are towing ours to central FL on Saturday for a full week at an AirBB rental on the water with a boathouse. I love the Harris Chain around Mt. Dora and Tavares... My grandparent's had a winter house there even before I was born so I've been vacationing there every year for the last 50 years and I love the sights, smells and memories of people I shared it with over the years that are gone.

Being a pilot, I have traveled to more countries than I can count on every continent except Antartica..... This is MY happy place and I just plain cannot wait.

Un-like button .... :(

We ain’t making it out this weekend... might be over for the season. Only good thing is, dealer pulls ours out last. He’ll take it out last week of October, so crossing fingers for maybe one more half decent weekend.
What's the temp in PA???

I don't get to keep mine in the water so crocodile tears for you all! :)

My 8th grade daughter gets a Fall Break and we are towing ours to central FL on Saturday for a full week at an AirBB rental on the water with a boathouse. I love the Harris Chain around Mt. Dora and Tavares... My grandparent's had a winter house there even before I was born so I've been vacationing there every year for the last 50 years and I love the sights, smells and memories of people I shared it with over the years that are gone.

Being a pilot, I have traveled to more countries than I can count on every continent except Antartica..... This is MY happy place and I just plain cannot wait.
Where are you towing it from? How long is the trip? Have a safe one!

We live in South Carolina but have been in Katy, Texas for the past 4 weeks on Grandparent duty. Since we left SC there has been little to no rain and as a result the lake level has dropped. We return on Tuesday to nice weather but the water below our slip is probably around 3.5 ft. We could take it out but probably won’t. Good chance our season is over.

We live in South Carolina but have been in Katy, Texas for the past 4 weeks on Grandparent duty. Since we left SC there has been little to no rain and as a result the lake level has dropped. We return on Tuesday to nice weather but the water below our slip is probably around 3.5 ft. We could take it out but probably won’t. Good chance our season is over.
You guys are about 2 1/2 hrs. south of us. I swear it hasn't rained here either for about a month. Last year we had so many of those late afternoon thunderstorms on the lake but hardly any this year. The rain seems to just miss us. We had about 5 feet under our boat when we took it out on Friday. It was time .....

Bummer on the season coming to an end Daril. Next time you are in Port St. Lucie let me know and we’ll take you out.

Bummer on the season coming to an end Daril. Next time you are in Port St. Lucie let me know and we’ll take you out.
Sounds good! Unfortunately my sister in law/bro in law sold their place there and bought a place here at Lake Norman. I do have another neighbor that's just moving to Vero Beach in a couple days. ....

Sorry about the end of your season. Not bragging here, but there is no end to the season in SW Florida. Hope you get a couple more weekends. Cheers!
Thanks. (Yeah stop bragging! Ha!) The only reason our season has ended is because the water level is now a good 5 feet low because of lack of rain. Otherwise we'd still be going out. It's still warm, nice and sunny. Owners with outboards keep their boats on their lifts all winter hoping for warm days. People like me with I/O's usually get them winterized by November 1st.

Sorry about the end of your season. Not bragging here, but there is no end to the season in SW Florida. Hope you get a couple more weekends. Cheers!

Same here on the south east side!

My season will be over the 27 of this month. Hoping to get a few more rides in. Never know what Michigan weather will throw at me

Took mine out a week ago Monday. Son and I each took a vacation day so we had to get it done. Windy, down pouring, but luckily it was in the high 50s......i.e. I don’t want to hear any whining. For us in northern Michigan, September was rain constantly. It was not a good wrap up to summer. (We did have high water levels though, so there!)

I got my final ride of 2019 in yesterday. Clear blue sky, temp of 70*, minimal wind and smooth water at the launch ramp here in northern Michigan. So smooth, in fact, that I just left the boat to sit, sans anchor, while I retrieved the truck and backed in the trailer.

This season, I took 13 boat rides and clocked 24.8 hours. Pretty sad, I know, but summer got a slow start. Also, keep in mind, running hours are not the same as hours on the water. We spend a lot of time hanging out with the motor not running.

Last boat ride of 2019.JPG

I got my final ride of 2019 in yesterday. Clear blue sky, temp of 70*, minimal wind and smooth water at the launch ramp here in northern Michigan. So smooth, in fact, that I just left the boat to sit, sans anchor, while I retrieved the truck and backed in the trailer.

This season, I took 13 boat rides and clocked 24.8 hours. Pretty sad, I know, but summer got a slow start. Also, keep in mind, running hours are not the same as hours on the water. We spend a lot of time hanging out with the motor not running.

View attachment 26059
Sounds like a perfect day to bring you back next year! Same here we spend hours anchored in coves just hanging out eating/sleeping........Aaaaahhh!

Hmmm... maybe one more day this weekend ... over 150 moving hours this year! Probably 3x that many hours lounging on toon ... :p

Back