Last day......

I got my final ride of 2019 in yesterday. Clear blue sky, temp of 70*, minimal wind and smooth water at the launch ramp here in northern Michigan. So smooth, in fact, that I just left the boat to sit, sans anchor, while I retrieved the truck and backed in the trailer.

This season, I took 13 boat rides and clocked 24.8 hours. Pretty sad, I know, but summer got a slow start. Also, keep in mind, running hours are not the same as hours on the water. We spend a lot of time hanging out with the motor not running.

Awesome. North Mich has been beautiful this last week. Was up in St. Ignace Tuesday and I don’t recall the last time I crossed the bridge with 100% blue sky and calm waters. I wish I was enjoying it on the boat. Where you at in northern Michigan Randy?

And I think I only got about 15 hours on the Bennington this year. Quite sad about that. The spring up north was just lousy and September was full of rain.

Where you at in northern Michigan Randy?

Thanks for asking, Tom. I boat on Crystal Lake and live in the town of Frankfort, west of TC and just south of the Sleeping Bear Lakeshore.

Just got the call from the guy that pulls my boat, winterizes it and shrink wraps it that it’s done:( I only average about 25 hours (400 acre lake) but this year was 23 - close I guess. Northern Michigan weather was certainly a factor even though we were at the lake house more.

I get to pull the boat from the KY dealer after a huge repair (fuel cell and new injectors) on Monday. Depending on weather on the 26th may launch after dock removals for a test run, then take inland for winterize and storage. Expensive year for boating (both boats major repairs). Good news is that the replacement pontoon was delivered for the OH boat. It's running again after the prop shaft replacement but the 4 year old battery died.
Looking forward to boating next year not repairing.
Side note: The 22' tows much better without 800lbs of water in the rear of the toon but the truck still only gets 8.8 mpg towing. :(

I get to pull the boat from the KY dealer after a huge repair (fuel cell and new injectors) on Monday. Depending on weather on the 26th may launch after dock removals for a test run, then take inland for winterize and storage. Expensive year for boating (both boats major repairs). Good news is that the replacement pontoon was delivered for the OH boat. It's running again after the prop shaft replacement but the 4 year old battery died.
Looking forward to boating next year not repairing.
Side note: The 22' tows much better without 800lbs of water in the rear of the toon but the truck still only gets 8.8 mpg towing. :(
Good to hear! Everything is fixed and ready to go for next year!!!

It was a short season for us, too. 32 hours if I remember correctly. Oh well, hopefully next year will be better.

Pulled the Benny out this past Saturday, since they will begin lowering our lakes this week. 300 hours on the outboard after 2 boating seasons - and probably at least that many hours spent anchored and lounging. My fishing boat is getting a bit neglected with all of this time spent on the pontoon. Lol

We've only had our new 23SSBXP out on the water once, here in Mississippi. Last Saturday was sunny and 68 with light winds, but we enjoyed it. Planning to get it on the water again Saturday if the rain ends. Its a chance for showers and 76. Hope to use it into the 2nd week of December before putting it away for the winter. This is our first pontoon and it feels like we're going to really like it.

Did our last ride of the season at Smith Mountain Lake, VA. It was a very nice weekend, but all seasons must come to an end. Looking forward to next year :)
Okay get back to work! Arlington County needs you!

I'm on Lake Murray in central SC and it is down about 3 feet in the last month or so. My place is on a shallow cove so will have to pull my 2275 GCW out this weekend or next. That's a bummer because I just listed it for sale and was hoping to give people test rides without going through the hassle of launching again. Oh well, if it's on a trailer, people will be able to fully examine the underside.

I'm on Lake Murray in central SC and it is down about 3 feet in the last month or so. My place is on a shallow cove so will have to pull my 2275 GCW out this weekend or next. That's a bummer because I just listed it for sale and was hoping to give people test rides without going through the hassle of launching again. Oh well, if it's on a trailer, people will be able to fully examine the underside.
You selling boat to get a new Pontoon boat?

Got probably the final one yesterday ... :(

BB4F6B00-7F0E-440F-A899-B253AE73632C.jpegFF91E2C0-296A-4E65-94C0-B5D0DE9B942D.jpegACA43AB4-5330-41DF-A391-8324089AF53B.jpeg2F215917-28F5-4B66-A0E2-88B11EA9DE9A.jpegF058D188-A081-4018-B613-2733A5010EBE.jpegCBE05D56-4AB8-4550-8ECF-A9E7CB73ADB3.jpeg

Trees are still green Dave! You have time for more!

And ....Hey Panther girl!!!

Back