Leaking toon

BURRIS PROP

Reaction score
Started out as a great day then this happened. Went to eat at a restaurant when we went back to the boat i noticed it was listing to the port. Went home put on lift and water was pouring out of the port toon. Only 8 months old. I know things happen but very disappointing.IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1330.jpg IMG_1334.jpg IMG_1337.jpg

Not a common issue at all...

My first Bennington, a 2013, had a weld issue and they stepped up quick...

I’m 6 hours away from the nearest dealer, so they allowed me to use a local certified TIG/MIG welder...

The issue was in a challenging spot and the next year the issue resurfaced...

Bennington offered to simply replace the toon...

In the end, I had the welder give it a second try, which worked...

While it’s a bummer and a true pain in the ass, it’s good to know they stand behind the product...

Contact dealer. They will verify and correct as needed. Not a common issue but it happens every now and then (IF it’s a manufacturing issue). How often have you had it in water last 8 months? What is the last pic showing? All I see is rear of toon??

That picture is from yesterday before we went out. We went out Dec. 15th for the boat parade, we went out Dec.23rd to look at lights. Then of course yesterday. Already contacted dealer.

Oh ok. Thought you were trying to show the water draining ...

You know it. Way to many boats out yesterday.

Been there,done that. Less than 6 weeks after we purchased our 2017 I noticed water dripping from a toon 3 hours after I put it on the lift. There was a crack in the weld where the “nose cone” attaches. Dealer took care of it and we were only without the boat for 2-3 days.

If you will search, you will find several documented cases here. I can recall responding to 4/5.

It will be ok and no one will know after the repair.

Yes, it was a cracked weld. Dealer repaired it. Did cost me $159.00. Bennington says it's my responsibility to get the boat to the dealer. Since i don't have a trailer i had to meet the dealer at the ramp.

Yes, it was a cracked weld. Dealer repaired it. Did cost me $159.00. Bennington says it's my responsibility to get the boat to the dealer. Since i don't have a trailer i had to meet the dealer at the ramp.

Is the dealer close to the ramp they met you at? If no, then I can appreciate them charging to transport. However, if remotely close the ramp, I am rather shocked they didn’t write off the transportation fee - if they are close by.)

Is the dealer close to the ramp they met you at? If no, then I can appreciate them charging to transport. However, if remotely close the ramp, I am rather shocked they didn’t write off the transportation fee - if they are close by.)

X2

They are about 15 miles away, the kicker is i service all there propeller repairs. I thought they would wave it also. It was owned by a local father & son but sold to a out of state large company. The service manager tried but no luck. Maybe i'll just add a little to each prop repair. ( just kidding,we don't operate that way)

They are about 15 miles away, the kicker is i service all there propeller repairs. I thought they would wave it also. It was owned by a local father & son but sold to a out of state large company. The service manager tried but no luck. Maybe i'll just add a little to each prop repair. ( just kidding,we don't operate that way)

I get 15 miles adds a bit of “time/gas” to their costs. At the least, between them getting the warranty work + you repairing props on their behalf, you’d think they either write it off OR just charge cost on the wages/gas for a 15 mile transport.

I agree also. When I first read the post I thought it was a deductible maybe for the repair - not transportation.

In my opinion Bennington should have covered the entire cost of the weld AND tranportation. If it wasn't for the faulty weld you wouldn't have needed the dealers help to transport your Benny to be repaired.

I agree. But what are you going to do?

My dealer has been out to my marina to do warranty work ,and has picked it up ( and delivered ) no charge for warranty work . Dealers choice how to handle warranty pick up

Last edited:
Back