Welcome to Club Bennington

An official club forum for Bennington boats

Login Register

LED sidelights wiring?

Discussion in 'Technical Stuff' started by Kevin1741, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Member

Hey guys, my new benny came in and was supposed to have LED sidelights put on at the factory so that they would be integrated with the cup holder leds and all work with the knob on the dash. My dealer isnt 100 percent sure if the kit is plug and play and is saying he will make it work.

Has anyone added a factory set of sidelights and is there wiring provisions in place for a factory quality install?

Thanks 

2. Michiman

Michiman Well-Known Member

Sorry that I can't answer your question, but welcome and post pictures when available!

3. SEMPERFI8387

SEMPERFI8387 Moderator

Welcome aboard! Your dealer should contact Bennington directly. They can verify and or work through the details. I don't think there's wiring in place for plug n play. I would think all "add ons" are run as separate items. 

4. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Member

The kit is ordered supposedly. Dealer said they will make it work either way. Doesn't matter if its plug and play or not i guess as long as the 10 year warrant applies.

thanks

5. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Member

The dealer got it done. He said it was his first add on and was "plug and play"

adkboater and azray007 like this.
  6. Bob225

Bob225 Member

I added aftermarket ones for mine.  Took about 2 hours and it was plug and play. 

IMG_05932.JPG

IMG_05935.JPG

Michiman and Spoiledrotten like this.
  7. Robotpedlr

Robotpedlr Member

Looks great... can you provide details on what you purchased and the install.  I just picked up my Benny and have the interior RGB lights and am considering adding exterior also.

bwsdj likes this.
  8. Kevin1741

Kevin1741 Member

Looks great!

9. bwsdj

bwsdj Well-Known Member

Really looks sharp. Would love to hear what you used and where to get. 

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2017
  10. Bob225

Bob225 Member

I found them at pontoonstuff.com.  Search for "Pontoon Boat Under Deck Lights"

I ordered the longer ones (27.7') so they wrapped around most of the front as well.  They have an option to pay through Amazon which is what I did but you can order direct as well. I received package in 3 days.

Maniac, bwsdj and Robotpedlr like this.
  11. Bob225

Bob225 Member

They recommend installing them facing down but I couldn't find a practical way to do it.  I went to a dealer and saw that they mounted the factory ones on the inside of the rub rail facing in so that's what I did.  Here is a picture.  Also I started at the back on both sides and went the full length which got me almost to the center of the bow.  They provided heat shrink and butt connectors and I spiced them together and ran one pair of wires to the helm.  I choose to use a spare ACC circuit instead of tying them into the table LED's.

IMG_05866.JPG

bwsdj likes this.
  12. bwsdj

bwsdj Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update.  Think I may have to get some for mine once it comes in 

13. Bob225

Bob225 Member

Here they are on the water 

IMG_0397.JPG