Less is more sometimes

dmctruby

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the vinyl graphics on my 2010 2250 GCW. It has a double "swoosh" which to me looks cheap. I pulled off the lower silver colored swoosh and think I like it much better. I am deciding in the spring to remove the remaining gold decal or not. I think I am going decal less, and just putting a raised Bennington logo on the side.

I am trying to post a pic but am getting a storage error. will see if I can correct that and post

Posted the image to gallery in folder dm2250, what do you think ? Keep the one stripe or delete that too and go for the clean look, no stripe & raised benny logo

Last edited by a moderator:
The pic is really small so I can;t tell what it looks like. Sorry.

I don't know what it looked like before, but I like the way it looks now. B)

Thanks. I added a pic of the factory double stripe which I think is overkill, so I removed the lower silver stripe.

I don't know what it looked like before, but I like the way it looks now. B)

I like that look very much !! How easy did the decal come off, and or what did you use to remove it.

Smitty

I think the boat looked good either way!!!!!!!!!!

On a warn summer day with the sun reflecting off the decal all I did was pull up an edge with my finger nail, and then peeled it off. There was no glue residue left under the main body of the decal, but there was a hairline glue line left...and outline so to speak. I wiped that glue residue off with a rag and wd40. I then washed the side down with dawn liquid soap & water. I followed that with two coats of Zymol wax (the best wax I have ever found and have been using for 30 years).

I did attempt to start the other side in colder weather when the decal was not warmed by the sun and air temps were under 70, and that did not work at all. In fact the decal is still on the other side as I did the one side late in summer and then ran into colder weather before I could do the other side. The first 70+ day sitting in the sun next spring I'll peel the other side off. It only took a few mins (less then 15 mins total to peel it off, wipe it down and wax it)

I like that look very much !! How easy did the decal come off, and or what did you use to remove it.

Smitty

I ordered mine without grafics, with the raised logos. Love that clean look. Easy to find different chrome raised things to add to accent the logo. EBAY is great! I have taken off a lot of the iside warning stickers as well as the vinyl 2275 GCW stickers. They make a cleaner called GO B Gone that is great to remove any residue

I think I may actually like it better with just one stripe... but it's a good looking toon either way...

I like the one stripe better than the two stripes.

Jack

I had your same boat until I bought a new one this year. I have to say that you made a great decision, love the one stripe look.

Thanks for all the replies.

Bennington's use such high quality material every where in the boat but the vinyl stripe seems dated and a bit cheap looking in comparison to the rest of the boat looks. I do like the "wave" style graphic on the newer R models, it's done with class and doesn't come off cheap.

Will see how I feel in the Spring about the single stripe. I think I am leaning towards no graphic other then a new raised Bennington logo and maybe a vertical or horizontal chrome accent strip in the right place.

Back