let's see what all the Yeti hype is about!

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Well I just ordered one of the Yeti Rambler 30oz cups. Kind of excited to try it out! Just have to wait for it to ship to me. Also ordered the straw lid, but had to order it from the US, everywhere around here was outrageous pricing! So it cost me $9.99 + $9.98 shipping to get it. 

Might order one of the 36oz or maybe the new 64oz thermos type if the Rambler turns out to be worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate say "a buddy of mine has one", but a buddy mine has one.  He loves it. I have not tried one myself. 

I have one of each. Each was a gift. All work well, and easy to clean.

CRAP! I forgot Bennington had one! Although I wanted the 30oz. I actually ordered in anticipation of taking this new job. I've lost about 25lbs since switching to the night shift (part from the actual workout, part from the stress,) but probably a big part was I also always have access to a fridge and cold fluids. I hate drinking plain water, but don't mind it with Crystal Light or Mio in it. So right now I can easily always have cold, free water available. When I'm out on the road I end up stopping at a random gas station and buy a Coke or Ice Tea and probably a snack, which doesn't help. So I figured if I had a big cup that kept it cold, and maybe a thermos that does the same I could try to keep some of the weight off.

Plus it will be great on the Benny!! 

I have two of the Bennington logo ones and absolutely love them. 

My wife got a 20 oz. one as a gift and now it is my daily commuter mug :lol: .  Keeps coffee warm all morning.  My only complaint is that the lid doesn't seal.

For Christmas I bought Dad a "lowball" cup from them.  I don't know if he has used it yet, but should keep the ice on his cocktail cold for a while.

I should see if I can get the dealer to throw in a Bennington Yeti with my purchase.  I have also heard great things about the coolers, but haven't used one.

I have seen ads for RTIC brand, which seems like a cheaper alternative, but again, no experience.

My wife got a 20 oz. one as a gift and now it is my daily commuter mug :lol: .  Keeps coffee warm all morning.  My only complaint is that the lid doesn't seal.

For Christmas I bought Dad a "lowball" cup from them.  I don't know if he has used it yet, but should keep the ice on his cocktail cold for a while.

I should see if I can get the dealer to throw in a Bennington Yeti with my purchase.  I have also heard great things about the coolers, but haven't used one.

I have seen ads for RTIC brand, which seems like a cheaper alternative, but again, no experience.

I see that they now have a slide close lid, I ordered a straw lid. It is kind of a let down that it doesn't have a secure screw on type lid, but my can of Coke or ice tea sitting in a cup holder doesn't either! It's already shipped, $50 Cdn, and free shipping seemed like a decent price comparatively. Still a lot for a cup!

Arctic is just as good and half the cost - 30oz for 19.99 www.articcoolers.com. Never understood the Yeti fascination, there are so many choices for rotomolded coolers and SS cups with the same quality at half the cost. More of a status thing, who in gods name wears a hat or shirt of a cooler company............... 

For coolers Rtic and Igloo Sportsman are very good choices at half or more of the cost. 

Arctic is just as good and half the cost - 30oz for 19.99 www.articcoolers.com. Never understood the Yeti fascination, there are so many choices for rotomolded coolers and SS cups with the same quality at half the cost. More of a status thing, who in gods name wears a hat or shirt of a cooler company............... 

For coolers Rtic and Igloo Sportsman are very good choices at half or more of the cost. 

Well I'll be honest, I hadn't heard of Rtic Coolers until you mentioned it, but since I am in Canada and they don't ship here, I'll stand by my choice! :)  I could get it from eBay, but it would actually cost MORE than the Yeti one did by the time I added shipping and duty. Crazy how similar they are though! 

CRAP! I forgot Bennington had one! Although I wanted the 30oz. I actually ordered in anticipation of taking this new job. I've lost about 25lbs since switching to the night shift (part from the actual workout, part from the stress,) but probably a big part was I also always have access to a fridge and cold fluids. I hate drinking plain water, but don't mind it with Crystal Light or Mio in it. So right now I can easily always have cold, free water available. When I'm out on the road I end up stopping at a random gas station and buy a Coke or Ice Tea and probably a snack, which doesn't help. So I figured if I had a big cup that kept it cold, and maybe a thermos that does the same I could try to keep some of the weight off.

Plus it will be great on the Benny!! 

Use to work the steady midnight shift as a kid in the steel mills 

Great shift when they all closed I worked the I dont have a life shift for Corporate America 

The expense accounts and travel had me eating nonstop just for energy 

Put on too much weight while working much better now retired (lol)

Have always hated water would drink Pepsi 24/7

Now like you drinking the Crystal Light, better than water but never as good as Pepsi 

Congratulations on losing the 25 lbs 

weight_loss_celebration_PA_md_wm.gif

We got two 20 oz Yeti cups as gifts. While we were skeptical, the hype is true! Coffee stays hot at least 3 hours (at least in Florida winter temps) and cold drinks keep ice most of the day. They work as advertised, even with the decidedly low tech old style clear lids.

We have at least four brands of other cups that were supposed to be "as good as Yeti", but none of them are. Whatever you do, DO NOT PUT THEM IN A DISHWASHER. The whole secret is a very good vacuum seal. Obviously, being all metal, don't put them in the microwave either (duh, that one's a no brainier).

Do NOT stick them in your ear either.

I think this could go on and on like the Chuck Norris is so tough...

But honestly. Every morning I fill my Yeti 20 oz with coffee, at noon I wash it out in the break room with just water. Then fill it up the rest of the work day with water from the water cooler. Then when I get home I grab 3 Bud Lights from the garage fridge put two in the kitchen fridge and one in my coldster and use throughout the evening. It assists me in prolonging by beer enjoyment. They are pricy but if you use them daily it softens the blow. 

I had bought a Tervis coffee mug ,was "supposed " to keep coffee hot . It kept it warmer than a regular mug ,nothing to brag about .

I have a 20 oz Yeti keeps the coffee hot . I put hot water in it ,dump out ,then the coffee ,stays hot as long as I need it to .

Back