Lift position

Sanity3

Reaction score
Anyone have a lift? I am having my two bunk lift converted to a three bunk lift to accommodate my 2375RCW elliptical. My question is how far back toward the engine should the lift bunks be? The guy who did the conversion has the bunks 31/2 feet from the engine. The lift bunks are 14 feet long. The boat setting on the lift titles back, looks like 3 to 4 inches. Just doesn't look right. I know the boat needs to title back a little. Thanks for your reply!

Here is how mine is set up

I was. Going to ask the same thing today. Tom, how many feet does the outer toon stick out past the tower up right? I also only have 12 ' aluminum/vinyl bunks.

Here's ours. You can see where the bunkboard ends.

gallery_1200_549_56500.jpg

I was. Going to ask the same thing today. Tom, how many feet does the outer toon stick out past the tower up right? I also only have 12 ' aluminum/vinyl bunks.
About that much

This lift is a little longer (12') between uprights than typical free standing ones.

Great looking boat Tom. Thanks for the photos. My bunks need to be moved back toward the engine. Right now the bunks are 38" forward from the engine. The boat is titled back & degrees to like it could slide off the lift.

Sounds like you might need to move the boat forward. If it is not a balanced load on the lift.

The new guy's back again with hopefully not too dumb of a question....  A lift was previously installed in our slip.  It's a Hydro Hoist and I believe the model it is the Ultra Lift line.  My question:  Does a tri-toon automatically require 3 bunks or is it more a function of weight and length of bunks?  Thanks for any tips and advice.

Scott

It's best if the tritoon has 3 bunks under them. 

My boat's sitting on a frame with two 2x8's under each toon flat.  Coming up with V bunks is pretty costly for the hardware, etc.  I have bolster boards on the outside of my toons--3' above the frame.

Here's ours.

gallery_1200_147_2222868.jpg

The consensus is my 2 bunk has to be converted to 6 bunk.  (2 under each pontoon)  Does anyone have 14' HyrdoHoist bunks they want to sell? Need 4.  I'll give $100 each if they're in good shape and near Lake Norman, NC.

Back