Lift set-up

Paint Man

Reaction score
I'am getting ready to put my Benny in the water, but first I need to reconfiqure my lift.The boat has ESP,can someone please tell me is the depth in the water of the elliptical toon the same as the outboard toons? 

Thanks Andy

All three of your toons are at the same level.   But the center toon will have a different oblong shape that gives more buoyancy.

My boat's sitting on a 11' x 18' square channel steel frame with two 2x8's running lengthwise under each toon--sitting flat on the frame.  Some will use V shaped runners running the length of the toons.  They'd be great for the outside toons, but just not shaped right for the elliptical center toon.

And some lifts just use perpendicular cross braces under their toons.  In that case, you'd be okay the way it is.

I'am getting ready to put my Benny in the water, but first I need to reconfiqure my lift.The boat has ESP,can someone please tell me is the depth in the water of the elliptical toon the same as the outboard toons? 

Thanks Andy
Yes, exactly the same. Just set all the bunks level and you're good.

Here's ours.

gallery_1200_147_2222868.jpg

Thanks all for the info!

Andy

Carl's got a first class lift configuration.  And those pulleys on the crossmembers double his lifting capacity.

My boathouse is made of 5/4 x 6 lumber on channel steel with steel pipes driven 42' into the lake bottom. We built it cheap.   All of my neighbors have concrete decks above the boats and concrete piers beside their boats.  The last single boathouse cost $58K--and has a $45K Harris tritoon sitting it--total $103K.  WOW!

Back