Lighted cup holders

kozzy

Reaction score
So on my new bennington I had it built with all sorts of lights, including lighted cup holders. There are 2 cup holders that do night light up. They are on the port side, 1 by the forward port bench, and one in the Aft Bench, towards the bow though, port side. I looked at the bottom of these and there are no wires ran to them, no lighting element installed. Is this the normal, or did they forget to run it to these 2 cup holders?

It sounds to me like the wires were not attached. Can you get underneath to see if the wires are actually there? I had several items like this when I took delivery but thankfully the dealer came out to my slip to fix them rather than me having to take my boat back and wait for servicing.

Yeah I looked in there, no wires even run to them at all, and the light element is not in their either. so they forgot, or for some reason those are not included at all? Trying to see if maybe cause they are on the other side of the boat they dont run wires to them, that seems lazy though, especially at this price point.

I am 99.9% sure ALL of our cup holders light up on our boat EXCEPT the two in the back by our Swingback (and those might light up, I just haven’t ever paid attention to them at night). My guess is this slipped through. I’d call the dealer and talk to them about it.

Correction: my two stern radius cup holders do not light up.

Last edited:
My cup holders on the swing back light up, the one right at the helm, and in front of the helm...the 2 on the port side do not, no wires run to them, no light element. They are the correct cup holders though, that have the spot for the light element to slide in...
I emailed the dealer... I think Benington forgot mine...

I am 99.9% sure ALL of our cup holders light up on our boat EXCEPT the two in the back by our Swingback (and those might light up, I just haven’t ever paid attention to them at night). My guess is this slipped through. I’d call the dealer and talk to them about it.
I think you have the same floor plan as me, the ones that dont light up are the 2 directly port to the helm. I attached a picture, its the 2 on the side of the boat, even though you cant see the cupholders LOLIMG_5935.jpg

I stand corrected (once again). As you can clearly see, my stern radius cup holder is NOT illuminated after all. IMG_2192.JPG

My stern cup holders do not light up.

im going to contact the dealer i think still and make sure...seems like they should to me.

From what ive seen not all the cupholders are illuminated. When i built my boat there were onlly 3 to 5 illuminated depending on the layout i chose. Because of that , I didnt feel the option was worth the cost to put it politely.

If the cup holder are to light up, wouldn’t they have a white washer like in them. I have A few that do not light up but they do not have these white washer light things in them so I don’t think they were meant to light up.

i have 4 that light up, and 2 that do not, but are the same style that do. I contact the dealer and he said he though that only 4 lit up, and was going to contact Bennington to find out for sure. I wish I knew that only 4 lit up, I would not have paid for the option and would have one it myself after the fact. They are tied into the whole RGB light system that I have, which controls the underwater lights and the mood lighting along the floor, as well as the lighted speakers.

Mine are not lighted but the same style, is there a little LED in the holder? I could add them easily to the ones in the dash

All my cup holders light up except the 3 in the armrests of the bow lounger and co captains lounger!

I stand corrected (once again). As you can clearly see, my stern radius cup holder is NOT illuminated after all.

View attachment 24828
Michiman we have the same boat, different year. You have a stern cupholder, I don't even have the cupholder. It has the cut out in the wood but no cut out in the fabric.
20190907_102345.jpg20190907_102417.jpg

To lite up the speakers, I turn on the mood lite switch. What switch is for the cupholders?

Michiman we have the same boat, different year. You have a stern cupholder, I don't even have the cupholder. It has the cut out in the wood but no cut out in the fabric.

You need to tell your dealer about this. There should be cup holders in there if that’s the stern lounge upgrade. They missed installing one of my cup holders from factory and my dealer cut fabric and installed.

91A73A5F-DBCD-466F-8667-23B8C813493D.jpeg

383BE413-5957-4D84-A72F-C7B40D712613.png

Checked the window sticker and I have the upgrade. Your seat across from the captain's chair looks different . Different arm rest maybe?20180224_132649.jpg

Back