Lights blink when motor is running.

• Is it a wiring problem in the dash

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Is it a motor problem

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wesley

Reaction score
My navigation lights blink on and off when driving my tritoon this year and the horn quit working too - bought new 4 years ago and this is the 3rd summer use- have a 250 yamaha sho outboard

Sorry to hear that but it is still under warranty so I would be in contact with your dealer.

If the dealer won't warranty, look for a loose ground at 1st light that's blinking or where wiring starts.

Had the same problem turned out to be the common hot lead that supplies the power to all the switches. On mine they piggy backed all the connections on plugin spaded lugs, the connections tend to break, due to the vibration or movement of the wire. It seems like they needed to put something to support the massive bundle of wires, that come off the gauge cluster, instead of letting the weight of the wire just hang off the backs of the gauges. My dealer told me this is a common problem they have address after a few years of ownership. My problem started in the second year of ownership. My guess is the lake I am on gets extremely rough and the boat takes more of a pounding.

Back