Lilly Pad

mrob

Reaction score
Not sure if I am in the right forum or not, but.......I want to get the grandkids a lilly pad or another brand like a lilly pad. My only question is, do you have to dry them good before rolling them up to keep them from molding, or is this not necessary. Any nanas or papas out there that have any advice? Thanks

Mark

I have a 20 foot maui mat that lives on the rear deck of our swingback all summer. We always roll it up wet and haven't had any mold, mildew or growth of any kind.

I think it would depend on where you live. Humidity and such. But i think you can roll them wet. And if it lives on your boat and in the sun. No problems. It will dry pretty quiick. If it's wet and you store it in a dark place where it won't dry properly. That may be an issue. Have you checked the product website?

I just bought my first lilypad (Sam’s Club, $250.00) and I had the same concerns. A friend of ours had theirs for one summer and it started smelling of mildew. I plan to dry mine off as best as I can before rolling it up at the end of the day and occasionally clean with a mildew remover.

I think it would depend on where you live. Humidity and such. But i think you can roll them wet. And if it lives on your boat and in the sun. No problems. It will dry pretty quiick. If it's wet and you store it in a dark place where it won't dry properly. That may be an issue. Have you checked the product website?
I appreciate it. Makes since to me. Thanks for the reply.

I just bought my first lilypad (Sam’s Club, $250.00) and I had the same concerns. A friend of ours had theirs for one summer and it started smelling of mildew. I plan to dry mine off as best as I can before rolling it up at the end of the day and occasionally clean with a mildew remover.
Same one I am looking at. I think I will dry off the best I can as well. Thanks for the help.

Same one I am looking at. I think I will dry off the best I can as well. Thanks for the help.
We have the Sams one. Make sure to rinse it off good, any mud seems to stain it fairly eaisly. Also, we got a small tear in ours fairly easy. Prob not the best on the market, but for $200 not bad either.

I have one in the box only used once ( wife wanted it ) . Big PITA .If you live on the water I can see having one .There is no place to store on a RCW ,and unless you have a pick up ,there is no way to get to your boat .

Last edited:
Food for thought...

Back