Lilly Pads

CapKaz

Reaction score
Cedar Hill, MO / Mark Twain Lake Perry, MO
Well my kids got my wife and I a Lilly pad for the lake and we got to use it for the first time today. Grand kids and everyone else had a great time with the new water toy. I thought I had figured out how to carry the toy in a way that wouldn’t be in the way of a visual barrier front or back. It doesn’t impede water sports in any way. Well we put the boat on the trailer at the end of the day. Not normally a chore but with the lake at an extremely high level the ramp is not optimum. Very shallow. We didn’t have much trouble because I used my four wheel drive one ton ram wheel clearance and differential clearance is key. The rig next to us had a different experience. They ended up pulling out with the motor running and dragging the skag. This worried my crew and they made sure the motor was off and lifted. Unfortunately the Lilly pad was attached to the front of the ski bar frame and as the motor raised well past what was really needed it pushed the cowling back and shattering the front latch area. The moral of my story is new toys are expensive.

Last edited:
That stinks!! Maybe better than running and dragging!

We have a lilly pad we bought 5 years ago .It has been used 1 time .Pain to store and transport.

Ouch... watch FeeBay ... those cowlings can get salty!!

Ya! Salty is a bit understated. Major ouch!! Unfortunately I just can’t have such a major blemish on my Benny. I will say it again, New toys can be expensive. :(

Ouch! It's always something..

Back