LIST YOUR SPECS HERE

I'm super happy with the 15 on my 200.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE (2016-02-20):

As many of you have said, and my dealer also says, the Yamaha SWS II 15.75" x 15 is out of stock.  I'm told at the end of March or so, they should be in.  That being said, my dealer switched out the last prop for a 14.25" x 15 pitch prop.  This prop was better than the 15.25" x 12  pitch prop, but only a little bit.  This one topped out at 35MPH (GPS and speedo) with 7 people aboard.  The RPMs were just a hair over 6,000.

I will keep this prop until the SWS prop comes in next month (hopefully).  I'll post another update then!

Mattb's boat

• Boat Model: 22SSRX
  • Model Year: 2016
  • Tube Option: SPS w/ underskin
  • Power Option: Suzuki DF150TX
  • Prop Specs: Suzuki SS, 3 blade 15.25X19
  • Performance: 40mph @ 6000rpm GPS

Brand new, delivery ride, my buddy and I, 230lbs Ea., Full tank of gas, Petite saleslady.  I am stoked as my old 4.3 V hull did 48 w/me only.  Cant wait to get this bad boy broke in. 

MH663's Boat

• 2550 GSR
  • ESP
  • Yamaha 250 SHO
  • Mercury Enertia 14.5 X 17 3 Blade
  • 42.5 @ 5500 RPM GPS

This was day of delivery. 50 gal of fuel, anchors, misc. gear, 2 adults, WOT. 

Anyone have opinion on spare prop?  I would like to get one for safe measure.  The current prop has a great hole shot and over all top end speed. 

Why don't you try a 16p Enertia? It'll get your rpms up unless it changed since new.

Tim's BOAT:

• Boat Model --------- 2575 QCWT
  • Model Year --------- 2013 - 53hours
  • Tube Option -------- ESP
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 300
  • Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade Yamaha SS - 17-T x 15 1/2
  • Performance ------ 42mph @ 6000rpm on GPS

Full tank of gas (center tube - 50 gal??), three people: Me/big - wife/small - kid/65lbs, no wind

UPDATE (2016-06-19)

While I was driving up to our lake home on Friday evening, I received an email from my dealer saying my props were in!  I had two props I wanted to try.  The first was the 15.75" x 15 pitch SWS II SDS prop, and the second was the 15.5" x 17 pitch SWS II SDS prop.

• Boat Model --------- 2550 QCB
  • Model Year --------- 2014 
  • Tube Option -------- ESP
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha VF250 SHO
  • Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade Yamaha SWS II SDS 15.75" x 15 pitch
  • Performance ------ 40mph @ 5600rpm on GPS

and the other prop

• Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade Yamaha SWS II SDS 15.5" x 17 pitch
  • Performance ------ 40mph @ 5200rpm on GPS

and the one I had been using for the past 3 months

• Prop Specs ---------- 3 Blade PowerTech SS 14.25" x 15 pitch
  • Performance ------ 40mph @ 6000rpm on GPS

So, of course, the question is, what the hell?  My boat is a big boat (27' LOA) and heavy.  It seems that 40 MPH is about the top end for me, but I am getting about 40 MPH at three very different points.  The Yamaha 17 pitch prop won't go past 5200 RPMs, the Yamaha 15 pitch won't go past 5600 RPMs, and the PowerTech got me the full 6000 RPMs...but with the same top speed.

All of these tests were done with a full (or near full) tank of gas and 2-3 people on board.  One thing I did notice, is that with the Yamaha 15 pitch prop with about 10 people on board, I was still able to hit about 36 MPH.  With the PowerTech 15 pitch prop, a boat load of people kept me in the low 30s.  I haven't tested the Yamaha 17 pitch prop with a boat load of people yet.

I would think I would want the engine to rev higher than 5200 RPMs.  I guess it's more fuel efficient, but I don't know if that is good or not.  Anyway, any experience, expertise, or guidance would be great.  I'm also talking to my dealer.

Thanks!

JRM55's Boat

• Boat Model --------- 2550 QCL
  • Model Year --------- 2017
  • Tube Option -------- Tri Toon-ESP Package w/Lifting Strakes all 3 Tubes
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 300 XCA
  • Prop Specs -------- 3 Blade Stainless steel Lexor 15.75 X 15
  • Performance ------ 44mph @ 5900rpm on GPS - Early Morning, smooth water, one person, 3/4 tank fuel (approx 40 gal)

I was hoping for better top end speed and am open to any suggestions.  Engine is mounted in #1 hole.  Was running a  15.5 X 17 prop and got 46 MPH @5200 so changed to the 15 pitch and improved RPM but lowered MPH.  I was wondering if this is the best it's going to get on MPH.  Boat weighs with motor, no gas about 3900lbs.  Boat runs great like this but hoping for more top end 

First time posting. Love my second Bennington! First one was a 2014 21SLX with a Yamaha 110HP.  Needed more for water sports, etc.

• Boat Model --------- 2575 QSB
  • Model Year --------- 2016
  • Tube Option -------- Tri Toon-ESP Package w/Lifting Strakes
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 250 VMAX SHO
  • Prop Specs -------- 3 Blade Stainless Yamaha Reliance Series 19P 14.25D
  • Performance ------ 45mph @ 5900rpm - Smooth water, 3 People on boat, about 30 gallons

First time posting. Love my second Bennington! First one was a 2014 21SLX with a Yamaha 110HP.  Needed more for water sports, etc.

• Performance ------ 45mph @ 5900rpm - Smooth water, 3 People on boat, about 30 gallons

Nice upgrade. Where in Mid-Michigan are you?

Nice upgrade. Where in Mid-Michigan are you?

Thanks!

Our lake house is on Blue Lake In Mecosta county. About 20 minutes east of Big Rapids.

Thanks!

Our lake house is on Blue Lake In Mecosta county. About 20 minutes east of Big Rapids.

I would guess Lakeside is your dealer?

I am....... :wacko:

I stopped by there earlier in the summer as I was passing by. So many boats not on trailers, no rigging or covers. Didn't seem like a very professional approach.

Is there a bleeding from ones mouth emoticon?

I stopped by there earlier in the summer as I was passing by. So many boats not on trailers, no rigging or covers. Didn't seem like a very professional approach.

I have been dealing with them for a couple of years with no issues. Not sure why boats need to be on trailers? I would say that 90% of people in the area do not buy trailers for their pontoons. You are correct on the covers being off for many boats.

Holy smokes, quite an upgrade -- congrats!

• Boat Model ---------22 SFX Saltwater Edition
  • Model Year --------- 2013
  • Tube Option -------- Twin 25"
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F90LASta
  • Prop Specs -------- 3 Blade  Solas Aluminum 13.8x13
  • Performance ------ 26 mph at 6000 rpm with 2 adults and full fuel
  • Options------------- MinnKota Terrova Riptide Trolling mtr, 24V with Ipilot and Mk 2 bank 15A charger
                                   Reclining fishing seats and helm seat, changing curtain, dual livewells, Garmin 101, tow bar

Back