LIST YOUR SPECS HERE

I have been dealing with them for a couple of years with no issues. Not sure why boats need to be on trailers? I would say that 90% of people in the area do not buy trailers for their pontoons. You are correct on the covers being off for many boats.

It's all about the presentation. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your interaction. I've just never seen boats displayed in such a casual, haphazard and sloppy fashion.

My dealer displays a variety of boats, fully rigged, both on and off trailers, with docks between them so prospective buyers can safely view the boats from deck level. All are rigged and covered for inclement weather.

But that's just my dealer.

Enjoy that new boat, it's a beauty.

It's all about the presentation. I'm glad to hear you are happy with your interaction. I've just never seen boats displayed in such a casual, haphazard and sloppy fashion.

My dealer displays a variety of boats, fully rigged, both on and off trailers, with docks between them so prospective buyers can safely view the boats from deck level. All are rigged and covered for inclement weather.

But that's just my dealer.

Enjoy that new boat, it's a beauty.

Thank you!

I guess I am used to the way they do things so it does not bother me. They do take good care of me since I have bought two Bennys from them in the last 3 Summers. I am also on the closest lake to them, so they are quick to respond if needed.

I thought the buying process went really smooth. They just fell on their face when handling some warranty issues. Did one of your boats get damaged in the tornado/high winds that came through there a couple years ago?

I thought the buying process went really smooth. They just fell on their face when handling some warranty issues. Did one of your boats get damaged in the tornado/high winds that came through there a couple years ago?

No, that was before my first buy which was June of 2014.

STEVENS BOAT:

• Boat Model --------- 24 SSRX
  • Model Year --------- 2015
  • Tube Option -------- SPS 25" 'Toons
  • Power Option ----- Mercury Verado 200HP - 4-Stroke
  • Prop Specs ---------- 4 Blade SS Enertia - 15x15P
  • Performance ------ 37mph @ 5500rpm 

• Boat Model --------- 22 SSLX
  • Model Year --------- 2016
  • Tube Option -------- Tri Toon w/Express Tube Package
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F115
  • Prop Specs -------- Our first prop was a 3 Blade Aluminum Yamaha 13.5D x 12P, 31 mph at 6300 RPM's (with phone GPS).  This is +300 RPM above WOT spec for this engine, so we went to a 3 blade aluminum Yamaha 13.625D x 14P, and are still getting 6250 RPM's at wide open throttle, but the same MPH as with the first prop (this time with a Hummingbird Helix 7 GPS checking the speed in addition to the phone GPS).  We are now thinking about a 15P, but would welcome any advice.  I need to get the engine speed down to 6000 or a little less to stay in spec and feel more comfortable that I'm not over-stressing the motor.  I would also consider a 4-blade prop.  All speed measurements were taken with roughly the same weight on the boat (2 people, 3/4 tank of gas, bimini up).
  • Performance ------ 30-31mph @ 6250rpm - Smooth water, 2 People on boat

412725652.jpg

• Boat Model --------- 22 SSLX
  • Model Year --------- 2016
  • Tube Option -------- Tri Toon w/Express Tube Package
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F115
  • Prop Specs -------- Our first prop was a 3 Blade Aluminum Yamaha 13.5D x 12P, 31 mph at 6300 RPM's (with phone GPS).  This is +300 RPM above WOT spec for this engine, so we went to a 3 blade aluminum Yamaha 13.625D x 14P, and are still getting 6250 RPM's at wide open throttle, but the same MPH as with the first prop (this time with a Hummingbird Helix 7 GPS checking the speed in addition to the phone GPS).  We are now thinking about a 15P, but would welcome any advice.  I need to get the engine speed down to 6000 or a little less to stay in spec and feel more comfortable that I'm not over-stressing the motor.  I would also consider a 4-blade prop.  All speed measurements were taken with roughly the same weight on the boat (2 people, 3/4 tank of gas, bimini up).
  • Performance ------ 30-31mph @ 6250rpm - Smooth water, 2 People on boat

I think trying the 15P is a fine idea!

I have a different setup, but when I went to a 15P (from a 13P) on it, my rpms went down and my top speed went up!

Props are funny things.

I think trying the 15P is a fine idea!

I have a different setup, but when I went to a 15P (from a 13P) on it, my rpms went down and my top speed went up!

Props are funny things.

Thanks for the input.  Yes sir, props are funny things.  i think I'll likely find a 15P under the tree at Christmas!  

Any recommendations on manufacturer?  I like the Solas, but am looking for guidance on a 13.5D x 15P.

Thanks again.

Any recommendations on manufacturer?  I like the Solas, but am looking for guidance on a 13.5D x 15P.

Sorry, Yams are out of my expertise. My eggbeater is black and shiny.

I would look to keep a 14 pitch but a larger diameter.

Dave & Bev's boat  (Delivery sometime in April):

2017 20SSRX tritoon with lifting strakes and wave shield

Suzuki 140 hp

Matador red with black accent, sandstone interior and slate floor

Stryker 4 fishfinder/GPS

In-floor storage

Ski tow bar

Stainless steel rub rail

Sharkhide

Dual battery with switch

Traded in a 20' two toon by Brand X* with a Honda 90 hp

Will be docked at Shawnee Island, Indian Lake, Oh

*Don't waste your time with Brand X.  Anytime you're not dealing with repairs, you'll be tearing your own hair out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrisbert's Boat

• Boat Model --------- 24 SSRX
  • Model Year --------- 2016
  • Tube Option -------- 3 tube 25" SPS Package
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F150 4 Stroke
  • Prop Specs ----------3 Blade Solas "New Saturn" 14.25x17p
  • Performance ------ 38MPH on GPS @ ~5800RPM w/ 3 adults & one child; cooler.  Moderate chop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chrisbert's Boat

• Boat Model --------- 24 SSRX
  • Model Year --------- 2016
  • Tube Option -------- 3 tube 25" SPS Package
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha F150 4 Stroke
  • Prop Specs ----------3 Blade Solas "New Saturn" 14.25x17p
  • Performance ------ TBD

EXTRA NOTES: Just bought the boat as a new leftover and haven't had her in the water yet myself; dealer water tested it before delivery .  Curious how the prop will do; it was installed by the dealer.  It seems a bit pitchy for this engine.

Diameter is on the short side, so it might not be too bad. I am curious to see your results...  Main thing is to make sure your RPMs stay high enough per Yamaha specs.  You are right to be concerned with the high pitch though...  You don't want to lug a new motor!

Performance ------ 38MPH on GPS @ ~5800RPM w/ 3 adults & one child; cooler.  Moderate chop.

What is your boat and motor combo?  :wacko:

Put a 15x15p prop on it. It'll run better.

Boat Model --------- 22 SSX

• Model Year --------- 2017
  • Tube Option -------- Twin 32" Elliptical Tubes w strakes
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 115 Vmax
  • Prop Specs ---------- no idea
  • Performance.....Delivery date May 18, what can I expect for performance? 30mph?

Boat Model --------- 22 SSX

• Model Year --------- 2017
  • Tube Option -------- Twin 32" Elliptical Tubes w strakes
  • Power Option ----- Yamaha 115 Vmax
  • Prop Specs ---------- no idea
  • Performance.....Delivery date May 18, what can I expect for performance? 30mph?

I'll guess 35 mph if propped right and with a light load. Maybe 36.  

Back