Location of starter fuse

GoBears

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a 2007 2575RL and did a bone-headed move - i crossed the + and - when putting in a new battery. All accessories work, ie radio, lights, however, nothing happens when turning the ignition. I'm sure a starter/ignition/inline fuse (or whatever the fuse is called for starting the motor) was blown.

Can anyone tell me where to find the starter fuse? On the motor? under the dash?

Thanks!

Hey GoBears! First things first, what motor do you have? (size,brand) if it's an outboard, I think it is under the cowling, your owners manual should show you where. If you don't still have it, you can usually download them.

Oh, and keep in mind I don't know anything, but I thought I saw that on my Yamaha, I will check my manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my Honda, it's under the cowl in the fusse box. The cover should have the designations on it. I changed all my fuses to ones that light up when bad. Makes it easier to find the bad one.

On my Honda, it's under the cowl in the fusse box. The cover should have the designations on it. I changed all my fuses to ones that light up when bad. Makes it easier to find the bad one.
That would be handy!!!

Thanks for the replies...Sorry for leaving off some details - the motor is 115 HP Yamaha

i have the manual and have looked at the fuse replacement steps. i'll give it a try this weekend.

Thanks again!

Hi all,

I have a 2007 2575RL and did a bone-headed move - i crossed the + and - when putting in a new battery. All accessories work, ie radio, lights, however, nothing happens when turning the ignition. I'm sure a starter/ignition/inline fuse (or whatever the fuse is called for starting the motor) was blown.

Can anyone tell me where to find the starter fuse? On the motor? under the dash?

Thanks!

Back