Looking at a 2016 22SX

OK, so my wife and I took a look at the boat. It's about a 2 1/2 hour drive from us. The boat looks good, everything checks out, and we like it. I made an offer not too far off asking price and left a deposit.

The boat is on consignment and the offer needs to go to the owner. I thought the sales guy would try to call him, but nope, he said he would try to contact him later today. Sales guy sent me an email now and said it will be Tuesday before I know anything. Dealership is closed Sunday and Monday, so I get to be kept in suspense for a few days.
But if you get the boat, well worth the wait! Good Luck again !

Sales guy sent me an email now and said it will be Tuesday before I know anything. Dealership is closed Sunday and Monday, so I get to be kept in suspense for a few days.

I’m amazed when I see responses like this. I guess I’m old school. I don’t typically answer my phone when my companies closed but I will respond to emails and texts as much as possible. I know I’m a “manager” but even when I was in “sales” I still responded with something if at all possible (maybe he’s hourly which is labor law issues). I guess that’s why I have a following of loyal customers. Like Lakeliving (Andy) said, time for a group of us to open a dealership!!

Good luck! If you get it let’s see some pics!

Dave, based on the various occupations of the members on here, we could pull it off!

I’m amazed when I see responses like this. I guess I’m old school. I don’t typically answer my phone when my companies closed but I will respond to emails and texts as much as possible. I know I’m a “manager” but even when I was in “sales” I still responded with something if at all possible (maybe he’s hourly which is labor law issues). I guess that’s why I have a following of loyal customers. Like Lakeliving (Andy) said, time for a group of us to open a dealership!!

Right?!

I tried last July to buy a new Bennington in Hayden, ID and Tri-Cities, WA...

Both dealers blew me off...

High selling season so I guess they felt there wasn’t a need to try very hard...

The thing that always amazes me is that it’s just metal...

And can be replaced easily...

The customer on the other hand, can’t...

I’ve purchased 3 new Bennington’s now in 5 years...

I live in Oregon and my most recent purchase was from a dealer 1500 miles away...

My decision wasn’t just based on money either...

Just crazy the way they choose to do business...

Last edited:
I am very lucky that my local dealer CAPTAINS CHOICE is one of the best in the business. They operate with integrity and believe customer satisfaction is paramount. THEY ALWAYS go above and beyond. Best combo I’ve found in 27 years of boating. Great boat + great dealer = happy customer......

I agree totally. I've bought two boats from Captain's Choice and would definitely recommend them to anyone in the area. They have always provided top notch sales and service and are conveniently located right on the lake for dive-up or boat-up service. https://www.ccmarine.com

Hi There!

My wife and I have finally decided to move forward and look for a "new to us" boat. We are going to look at a used 2016 22SX Saturday, SPS pontoons and a Yamaha F200. Boat looks very nice from the pictures and has low hours.

We've never had a pontoon boat before and have never bought a used boat. Is there anything in particular we should be evaluating or looking at on a used tritoon? I appreciate any and all tips.

Thanks!
Mike

See post #23.

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/threads/what-to-expect-when-boat-arrives.3565/page-2#post-41406

Well, looks like I'm buying a Bennington.

It's a 2016 22SSXAPG. This has the fishing configuration in the stern with the extended aft deck
  • 2016 Yamaha F200
  • Kicker speakers and bluetooth radio
  • Angler Station
  • Starboard rod locker
  • Lighted Bimini
  • SPS toons
  • 52" Ski Pylon
  • Stainless LED Docking Lights
  • Heavy Duty Rubrail
  • In-floor storage
Plus comes with a dual axle galvanized trailer with disc bakes, minn kota removable 24 volt trolling motor, minn kota battery charger, and Lowrance GPS/Fishfinder. Boat is very clean and looks almost new. We'll pick it up at the dealer in 1 - 2 weeks.

Very excited! Now I have to sell the fish & ski bass boat. The boss (wife) says we can't keep 2 boats..;)

I had to come up on my offer, but pretty much expected that would be the case. No idea how to insert the pics into my post..:) (figured it out!)

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Kaydano. I know almost all of this, but I will print it out and check things off so I don't forget anything.

We'll be launching the boat near the dealership with the dealer before we take it home. That way, if there is anything that needs to be repaired, I can leave it with them to do the work and then pick it up when it's done.

True story, about when I picked up my 2nd boat which was my 1st fiberglass boat and 1st boat that went fast. It was a 1990 Champion 184DC bass boat with a 150 yahama. I did not have a shakedown cruise with the dealer and just towed it home. The next day I went with a buddy to launch it. I'd never had a boat with bilge pumps before and when my buddy backed the trailer in the water, and right after I started the engine, the bilge pumps kicked on and started shooting out water. I looked at the water shooting out, looked at my buddy and said "I don't think it's supposed to do that." No, I did not forget to put in the plug. We pulled the boat out right away and discovered a hole was drilled through the hull at the stern. My brand new boat that I waited 4 months to receive went right back to the dealer for another 6 weeks to get the hole repaired. That was really the only problem I ever had with that boat and I kept it for the next 15 years.

Looks like a nice boat with some nice options. I'm partial to blue as well!

Sharp looking boat. Congratulations on closing the deal. Enjoy the year ahead with it.

Cool ! Good job. Enjoy! Put your Boat on Craigslist to sell it. Spring is around the corner.( jack the price up)

Cool boat!

We just bought our 2018 22SSXAPG and absolutely love her! We only have the Yamaha F150, but I'm plenty happy with it in all respects.

Enjoy!

Cool boat!

We just bought our 2018 22SSXAPG and absolutely love her! We only have the Yamaha F150, but I'm plenty happy with it in all respects.

Enjoy!
Shmily, how do you like fishing off of your boat?

I would not use the word only in front of 150. That is still a lot of motor. I know if I was buying new, which was a possibility, I would not be able to justify the extra cost for the 200.

I LOVE fishing off the boat! The added port gate is great, as two anglers can easily access the extended aft deck. The two fishing captain's chairs aft are nice as well. The angler's station is nice to have, and my wife is happy that the front of the boat is all "couches"!

We absolutely love every aspect of our Benni!

Happy boating and fishing!

Back