Looking at a Bennie, whats your Opinions on this

JasonLepore

Reaction score
Looking at a 2012 Bennington 2254 STI.... Its a Tri Toon with a Yamaha F150 Outboard... It has Lifting Strikes on the Center Tube Only, Full Sized Center Tube, Wave Shield, 33 gal Gas tank, Vinyl Floors, Dock Lights, Trailor, Reclining Helm Seat, Extended aft, Garmin 4100 ( I think), and the Anode Package.

I live on Brackish Water and the boat will be in the water all Summer in Nj...I will pull it out here and there to clean the toons, Should I Paint the bottom or Is Sharkhide good enough?

How fast will it Go?

Is it really a big difference to have 3 Full Length Toons (25")?

Is there something else I should get for this Boat?

Is the Price of $34,950 plus Tax a good price for all of this?

Thanks !!!!

That is a very nice boat for the money believe me. ;) That set-up will get you close to the 40mph mark with you and passenger. Obviously you start adding a lot of gear, anchors, passengers etc. your mph will drop. As for the full length toon being a must for that set-up I can't answer that but I do know its huge on resale over the half toon option. Great boat, haven't found one yet that compares to it for the money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a sacrificial anode installed if it turns out it doesn't have one already.

And yes, sharkhide is a good idea, and painting works too, but either way you're going to pick up algae on everything below the waterline, just not as much. A good algicidal paint helps. On the other hand, if you're going to pull it out once a month to run a pressure washed over the tubes, that'll keep you pretty clean too.

Speed? 30-something. How far INTO the 30's depend on your weight and your engine/prop setup. I've seen people crack 40mph with a tri-toon setup, the right prop and a jack plate. It'll be plenty fast enough that you'll feel like you actually are getting somewhere.

Price-wise, I'd say it looks like a good deal.

Thanks for your opinions,,,, especially about the price ... That is of course that you 2 are not working for the dealer I'm getting it at :) . Lol

I think I got all of the options I would need ,,, also have them including a Porta potty, tow harness( did not think the 600.00 tow bar was worth it) , got hydraulic steering, 2 portable cup holders, and Bimini top...

Is it ok to have lifting strakes on the center tube only?

Thanks again!!!

No Jason I do not work for a dealer. I purchased mine in northern Ohio and live in southern IN. It was well worth the 5 hr drive for me as my boat has everything I need and more. I researched for over a year and was extremely picky when it come to the entire purchase but it was well worth it. My boat isn't top of the line but it looks like with all the added options. I couldn't find a boat locally that could compete with it for the money. Its almost been a year and I'm as happy as the day a picked it up.

You mentioned something about a ski bar, does the one your looking at not have the extended deck with a ski pole? As for the lifting strakes being on the center tube that is how mine is. My dealer assured me that was the best way to go on this set up and honestly I can't remember why. I've been around several other Bennington tritoons with a different strake setup and honestly couldn't tell any difference. Best of luck and I'm sure you'll love it as much as I do mine.

He said they can add the ski bar for $600 it has the extended aft but no bar or pole,, he said I can get a tow harness that attaches to both cleates for 18.00 .. So I figured I'd save the money there,, but it towards other things...not doing much skiing,, maybe tubing here and there,, at this point in trying to see if they can throw in the bottom paint to close the deal ,, this boat is one they have in stock already and trying to move it.

Congrats on your new boat and welcome to the forum! We really should call this site something other than "forum" since it's much more than that, and much better than any other forum I've been on. It deserves some kind of nickname or something.

Someone want to start a new thread on that? Maybe call it "The Lake" or something like that?

Jason - Welcome to the Lake!

Is that too cheezy? Beach? Sand Bar?

On your original question (I get off track easily), in case it helps any, we paid about 70-71% of the website's retail price. It was a new 2012, bought in September '11.

Back