Looking at a new 25ft. Bennington

That’s a great deal, although it’s not the setup with the rear loungers that we like thank you!!!

Ever hear “buy your last boat first” ...
There’s a reason Bennington is the NUMBER ONE manufacturer in the country!
No better words have ever been spoken! Unfortunately it doesn’t normally start that way do to other obligations that take precedence.Once you do figure it out and buy that first Bennington,you come to realize that your brand search is over. The only thing left to discuss is future purchases and occasionally post on a subject you know something about. I am sure that once you do your “homework” we will see you back posting pics. If your not sure about the 400R you might consider the alternate engine below.Budget and Bennington are not normally used in the same sentence. Good Luck.

http://www.seven-marine.com/motors/seven-627sv/

Waiting for a QXBA to arrive anytime now. Coming from a Sea Ray 260 Sundeck. Couldn’t swing the 400 Merc but went with the 350 Verado. Our place is in WI so it will be a while before we hit the water. Hope you find what fits best for you but I found Bennington to be the best for me

Where at in WI.? I went to Lean Six Sigma training in Madison. Beautiful area (in June, January not so much ...LOL!!!).

Nice rig. I have considered sea legs but no one installs them near me. Let me know how you like them if you buy that one.

I went through the same thing a few years back. I compared the fit and finish and warranty. The Bennington was much better than the Avalon. Frankly, I wanted the Avalon, because I have a house on Catalina in Avalon. You and I live in the same area. For Bennington we have a large well capitalized dealer in both Ontario and LHC. (Sun Country) They are not going anywhere and will be there if we need service. Avalon has a small dealer in Newport and in LHC. However, the LHC dealer started as a rental place and now carry and sell Avalon. In researching the dealers, I feel much more comfortable with Sun Country. When I ordered my Benny, the Avalon dealer didn't even have a mechanic. I think they do now.

Even after all the above, I still wanted the Avalon. I called performance marine in Corona and spoke with a gentleman who had been referred to me as an expert. I don't remember his name. He wouldn't tell me what boat to buy, but gave me a list of things to look at. He said,"after you inspect these things, your decision will be easy." Damned if he wasn't right. I ordered the benny.

Maybe Avalon makes a better boat now then a few years ago, I don't know. However, the above is my story and may give you something to think about.

Cheers, Steve

Steve what motor do you have and how does it run? We are hoping with a 400 to be able to get 50 plus and be able to cruise at 35-40...

Merc verado 300. Best I've seen on gps is 51. Generally 48-49 with double Bimini up and full tank with four people. Runs good. Cruises 35-40 no problem.

Cheers, Steve

The Manitou’s are a very solid build, particularly their upper end model. I think they hold their own better next to Bennington. They have a great tritoon sport hull design that corners more like a v-hull and does so better than anything anyone else makes - including Bennington in my opinion. However, I think the Bennington’s are nicer aesthetically, and the Benny’s are still a step up in some other aspects of their build/design.

The Avalon’s simply are not in the same league - not even a close call with them. When you do a side by side comparison (we literally did), and go through the Avalon in detail, they do not hold a candle to the Bennington. I was actually shocked how poorly they compared back in 2016-17.

Aside from Bennington 2016-17, we also took close looks at Premier, and Sylvan due to our current boat dealer selling them. I also looked at both Harris and Manitou due to their good build reputations, as well as Sweetwater and Aqua Patio due to frame/hull build quality vs. their price points.

Bennington always came out on top for various things (aside from typically their price).

Before I ordered my Benny, I went online and ordered every brochure I could find. Close to decision time I had a stack. Many I looked through very quickly and dismissed. I thought many were very gimmicky and looked cheap. We're limited here in Havasu and should any warranty issues arise towing to Kali or Vegas wasn't really an option. I'm very glad I decided on the Benny and haven't looked back. I can't say Benny is the "best" but it's one of the best. Having owned a SW fishing boat with twins, a Malibu Wakeboard boat, a 100 mph ETicket twin-engine deck boat, Honda AquaTrax skis and the Benny, the Bennington is my favorite. For quality, comfort and just general fun use, it can't be beat. While I'm currently selling mine due to other family obligations, I will certainly miss it. Really sorry to have to let it go. My Benny has hit 50 with both bimini's up, gas, gear and people on board. Weather out here "should" typically hit the 80's this month. If so, I'm going to get as many last outings as I can before she is gone.

I went through the same thing a few years back. I compared the fit and finish and warranty. The Bennington was much better than the Avalon. Frankly, I wanted the Avalon, because I have a house on Catalina in Avalon. You and I live in the same area. For Bennington we have a large well capitalized dealer in both Ontario and LHC. (Sun Country) They are not going anywhere and will be there if we need service. Avalon has a small dealer in Newport and in LHC. However, the LHC dealer started as a rental place and now carry and sell Avalon. In researching the dealers, I feel much more comfortable with Sun Country. When I ordered my Benny, the Avalon dealer didn't even have a mechanic. I think they do now.

Even after all the above, I still wanted the Avalon. I called performance marine in Corona and spoke with a gentleman who had been referred to me as an expert. I don't remember his name. He wouldn't tell me what boat to buy, but gave me a list of things to look at. He said,"after you inspect these things, your decision will be easy." Damned if he wasn't right. I ordered the benny.

Maybe Avalon makes a better boat now then a few years ago, I don't know. However, the above is my story and may give you something to think about.

Cheers, Steve
I like the Avalon name as well. I proposed to my now wife in Hollywood and 2 days later we spent 3 fantastic days in Avalon on Catalina as an engaged couple. My primary house is an Avalon model and we really like it. With that said, I like the Benningtons a lot more than the Avalons.

I got married to my current wife in Avalon. :) Randy, sorry to hear you are selling. That is a beautiful boat. I don't know where you have it listed, but I might suggest listing it on River Daves forum.

Cheers, Steve

Before I ordered my Benny, I went online and ordered every brochure I could find. Close to decision time I had a stack. Many I looked through very quickly and dismissed. I thought many were very gimmicky and looked cheap. We're limited here in Havasu and should any warranty issues arise towing to Kali or Vegas wasn't really an option. I'm very glad I decided on the Benny and haven't looked back. I can't say Benny is the "best" but it's one of the best. Having owned a SW fishing boat with twins, a Malibu Wakeboard boat, a 100 mph ETicket twin-engine deck boat, Honda AquaTrax skis and the Benny, the Bennington is my favorite. For quality, comfort and just general fun use, it can't be beat. While I'm currently selling mine due to other family obligations, I will certainly miss it. Really sorry to have to let it go. My Benny has hit 50 with both bimini's up, gas, gear and people on board. Weather out here "should" typically hit the 80's this month. If so, I'm going to get as many last outings as I can before she is gone.

If it had rear Loungers i would be interested...Great looking Boat

I like the Avalon name as well. I proposed to my now wife in Hollywood and 2 days later we spent 3 fantastic days in Avalon on Catalina as an engaged couple. My primary house is an Avalon model and we really like it. With that said, I like the Benningtons a lot more than the Avalons.

Buy the Bennington and name it Avalon!

No Murrieta Ca... we also have a place in Lake Havasu Az.
I too live in Southern California and boat in Havasu. Sun country marine in ontario will take care of you! Thats where I bought my Benny from and they gave me a pretty steep discount.

With the merc 400R you will easily eclipse 50. I'd guess 55-60MPH.

I'm able to crack 50MPH with the verado 350. I had 3 people on board, both bimini's up and about 3/4 tank of fuel.

We choose bennington over other manufactures because of the reputation and fit and finish..

Im in Canyon Lake right up the road from you ,we have A 2018 23 RSB with a 350 verado and easily get 50 + still playing with Props hoping to get close to 55 , I also dealt with Sun Country They where also in the triple digits ended up going out of state to Miller Marine and saved over 30K it was well worth the wait to have it built and driving to pick it up , it will be the last Pontoon we ever buy can't beat the 10 year warranty

Back