Looking for a new platform

Smarty

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2003 25ft Pontoon and the furniture and carpet are very well worn. I love the boat and the 115 HP Yama 4 stroke. I am looking for buying a new platform. the entire thing. I been to such places like Overtons for replacing the furniture etc, but would like to know if there is an option for unbolting the deck and putting a new one on? Our Bennington dealer is no longer here on Lake Norman. Any advise would be appreciated.

If you want to replace everything including the decking, it's a big job. I'm assuming you bought your boat from Paul. We bought ours from Country Corner also but our seats and carpet still look great. Did you keep it covered? Have you inquired at Lake Norman Marina about the job? It might be more cost effective to buy another boat. Where are you on the lake? We're in Denver.

Last edited:
There are "kits" that include new plywood and flooring, but you need to strip yours down and replace the deck up. The "deck" is just sheets of marine plywood bolted to the crossmembers which are bolted to the toons.

There is a place named Toon Time Customs in Lexington, SC that specializes in pontoon restoration.

A friend of mine purchased a structurally sound pontoon, removed everything, replaced the wood flooring, carpet and then had the furniture reupholstered by a local shop. This was his winter project and it turned out great. If you have the basic tools, time and place, it is possible to do.

Back