Looking for a second (third, fourth, fifth . . . .) opinion!

View attachment 21506 View attachment 21505
View attachment 21507 View attachment 21508
Your build is really nice. +1 on power steering, particularly when doing water sports. +1 on Simrad G05 if primary use is mapping and info vs finding fish. We love our G05 for mapping and other info - we really dont fish ourselves.

We have the turbo swing, which is supposed to be engineered for tubing...BUT most everyone else we hear from says it’s over kill and a regular tow bar is fine. Frankly for the cost difference, it can be hard for many to justify the turbo swing.

The first pick posted by Semper above is our boat - we are the same color combo as you, but in the blackout. We love it! Very sporty, eye catching, and pardon the language, “bad ass” color combination. :cool:

We matched bemini to accent strip for ours, and it looks good with that color combo.
I really appreciate the pictures. The link Bork sent of his sharp looking boat is exactly the color combo on my build (except I had graphite Bimini - think I may want to switch to black. Was thinking grey might be slightly cooler from a sun perspective.) Thank, Bork.

The blackout does take it to, in Vikingstaff's words, "bad ass". Both look great. Just looked at how much the black out package adds, it's a really expensive option. I may just have to gaze longingly at Vickingstaff's pictures!

I would definitely add the power steering, and the in floor storage for me was a must. In my ESP center toon I had a two person tube, two three person tubes, wakeboard, kneeboard, couple fishing rods, couple oars, couple of big bumpers! Probably could have gotten an extra 2 mph had I emptied it!! Hahaha

So you just have a single battery if I'm reading it right? I'd do dual, just for the peace of mind. She'll be a great boat!

So there seems to be a consensus about power steering. I had hoped with only 150 HP that I might not NEED it. I do want driving to be fun and not a struggle - so thanks - and again, even with a 21 foot boat and 150 HP?

Several of you have also suggested the dual battery. Given the fact I'm hoping to enjoy sitting on the water at night admiring my lights, that makes sense. No need to sit and have to worry about whether the boat will crank. Bad ending to a fun night.

Still wondering about the in floor storage. I always hose my boat down at the end of the weekend before I cover it. I see the holes in the storage deck lid and read it does get water in it. Just wondering if I'll have water sitting in it and adding moisture for mildew not to mention just making a mess if whatever is in the storage locker. I know there is a bilge but once I cut the power, assume that ceases operating.

Thanks so much everyone, this is so helpful.

I am going to use this idea. You can save “waypoints” pretty easily the Simrad, but I do it exclusively for friends cottages, marina, lakeside restaurant, etc... I never thought of using them to mark shallow areas/warning areas on the water.

Is this one of those brilliant and obvious things everyone does...except me the slow learner? o_O

Sure going to mark areas shallow areas of my lake this summer to better keep away from them when shore cruising with friends and family.
I agree with Vikingstaff - has everyone else always known to use it to mark hazards? I've been focused on a system that could help me find my way home at night - hopefully successfully dodging buoys.

Slick. Thanks, Kaydano!

Does the Simrad have an audible alarm option for waypoints you want to avoid?

I’m not actually sure, as I never tried to set one. However, in this context, it would be ideal. If so, I am totally going to integrate it into this strategy for shallow spots in our lake.

Semper, do you know the answer to this question?

I would join the course on getting power steering. You will not regret it and it is more expensive dealer installed and you lose the warranty. In floor storage is also a must. I have Simrad and love it.

See page 50 for waypoint alarm!

See page 50 for waypoint alarm!

Awesome! I knew you’d hook up us G05 peeps Semper! :D

Totally going to play around with waypoints and alarms for shallow/hazardous areas on our lake. This is going to be very useful.

we have the in floor and don't keep anything in it while not using the boat. Our boat is on an uncovered slip and anything in the storage molds. it gets lots of condensation because of the temp difference between the water and air. We only put the cover and poles in it when on the lake. It works great for that except getting the top out usually unfolds it and finding the start point is a challenge.

On our 150 we don't have the power steering. You know it when docking. I would spend the money on it before more storage. You will not regret it. You could live without it but why would you.

So there seems to be a consensus about power steering. I had hoped with only 150 HP that I might not NEED it. I do want driving to be fun and not a struggle - so thanks - and again, even with a 21 foot boat and 150 HP?

Several of you have also suggested the dual battery. Given the fact I'm hoping to enjoy sitting on the water at night admiring my lights, that makes sense. No need to sit and have to worry about whether the boat will crank. Bad ending to a fun night.

Still wondering about the in floor storage. I always hose my boat down at the end of the weekend before I cover it. I see the holes in the storage deck lid and read it does get water in it. Just wondering if I'll have water sitting in it and adding moisture for mildew not to mention just making a mess if whatever is in the storage locker. I know there is a bilge but once I cut the power, assume that ceases operating.

Thanks so much everyone, this is so helpful.

Our boat is very similar. While I wish I had the power steering, I would not say you need it. We do not have in-floor storage. There are times I wish we did. There is plenty of storage for jackets, anchors etc, if you will have skis or a couple of tubes, it might be nice. We have the extended aft deck. That is where that stuff ends up until we our settled in somewhere for the day.

I did add a second battery, a battery combiner and switch. We do listen to a lot of music while out. Better safe than sorry.

Power steering is a must for me, it’s a game changer when doing water sports. Mine hangs out the rear of our lift so I just keep the engine cover on, no problem. We have the dual batteries for added piece of mind. Probably our favorite option was the extended rear deck, makes tubing, swimming etc. so much easier. We strap our tube on the rear deck to the ski tow bar. Btw we use it regularly for tubing with no issues.

In hindsight I wish we had the extended deck and in toon storage.

And I've been agonizing about the storage situation as well. Is it true that power steering CAN be dealer added?
Yes, our dealor added ours before delivery.

Would of just slowed you down! ;)

True....nevermind! Speed is more important! Waiting to see how it does at sea level compared to the 960 ft + before. Might not be noticeable.

True....nevermind! Speed is more important! Waiting to see how it does at sea level compared to the 960 ft + before. Might not be noticeable.
Mine picks up almost 2mph down at our lake close to home compared to the lake in NY

Andy - Don't forget, you will be closer to the sun. Which makes dark colors hotter. Which makes air molecules flow across the surface with less resistance.

If you would have gotten a black boat, you could have gotten the extended deck AND toon storage AND still gone faster.

Can’t help you with the blackout stuff, sorry just don’t get it! Probably why the last four daily drivers I’ve owned are, well white :) , the in floor storage is a must if you plan on any water sport toys, tubes or other. Power steering if you can would also be on my list. I will add this as soon as my Boss will allocate the funds. Just do it and enjoy!

Back