Lowering wrapped arch

wawrecker

Reaction score
Hello, we are taking delivery of our first pontoon next week and I am wondering how easy it is to lower the arch an a QX25? The lake we live on has a few low bridges and we have a covered canopy over our lift. If its is a pain in the Axx is there a way to speed it up? Thanks!

I will leave it to others to answer your question (I don’t have one). I just wanted to say welcome to the forums and CONGRATULATIONS on your new QX25. That’s going to be a fantastic boat. If the mood strikes you, we all love gazing at everyone’s new boats and admiring how it gets spec’d up. Feel free to post pictures and specs when convenient.

Best of luck finding out more information about lowering the Sport Arch.

Welcome aboard!! First rule .... PICS!!!! :D

I will post up pics week after next after it arrives from Minnesota, thanks for the welcome:)

I'm assuming it's the cladded arch? (I think that's what most Q's would have) if I remember correctly I think it is just a single alan type key to release the lock and it will lower. Keep in mind I don't have one, but I believe that I saw a video on it once. Make sure to post some pics when you get her!!

It made it from Minnesota last night. The boat has 22 hours on it. long enough to cause a major headache with Zebra mussels. Montana chained the boat to the trailer as they found some mussels on it. I guess they sent samples to a lab and determined they were long dead and allowed me to cut the lock off. I'm going to have a local dealer inspect the water pump and cooling before I put it on the lake. I'll post of more pics once we get it on the water. I had never seen one in person and was taken back by the size of this thing when I first saw it. Enjoy!

She's a big girl all right, but a beauty nonetheless! Sounds like Montana doesn't fool around.

I had never seen one in person and was taken back by the size of this thing when I first saw it

They always look bigger on the trailer than in the water.
You get used to it. When I bought my last boat I couldn't get over how huge it was. When I sold it some years later I felt I needed bigger.

Back