Lucas Oil Fuel injector cleaner

MrG

Reaction score
46E40709-B36C-463C-A049-59368172C022.png I was getting a system fault warning on my dashboard. I have a 2012 25 QCW with the Merc V8 and Bravo 3 outdrive. My boat was idling very rough & missing at the end of a long idle up river. Under a load the boat team fine. I got a “ODB System Fault” error on my dash. It’s been like this for a few days.

I was at the local Shell station and they had this on the counter. And to say I was skeptical we’ll????. I mean come on anything that says “tuneup in a bottle“ has got to be a joke, it might as well have said “ as seen on TV” Well for $4 dollars a bottle I bought two of them (says one $4 bottle treats 20 gallons) I figured $8 dollars it’s worth a try. I filled the boat up and put 2 of these in.

Well I’m happy to report the engine Missing & ODB Fault is GONE. :) I can’t believe it. Just thought I would report my results, not sure it will work for you, but if your having the same issues give it a try. I know some people swear by other fuel additives, but this is the first time I have poured somthing into my fuel that it actually did what it said it would do! The gods must be happy with me :)

https://www.amazon.com/Lucas-Oil-LU...prefix=Lucas+oil+fuel+injector+cleaner&sr=8-6

Lucas is good stuff. They make all kinds of additives and I’d swear by them!

MrG, thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully none of us will encounter a similar situation but if we do...

I use Seafoam at least once a season. It basically does the same thing......

I use Lucas 2 cycle oil in my Echo weedeater mixed 20% stronger than recommended. I run it hard and can't remember ever changing spark plug and it is like 10 plus years old. I looked at exhaust screen and looks like it was just cleaned . Doesn't even have any noticeable smoke. Lucas products are great!!!

I put Yamalube RingFree in every tank. My friend and neighbor here at the lake has used that in his Yamaha for 15 trouble-free years, so I do the same per his recommendation.

I put Yamalube RingFree in every tank. My friend and neighbor here at the lake has used that in his Yamaha for 15 trouble-free years, so I do the same per his recommendation.
Is that a lubricant or injector cleaner? I had not heard of it. Sounds like a great idea! Is it available online?

Yup, use this too. It’s a fuel conditioner also, but I still use Stabil.

Back