Maiden Voyage

Philthy

Reaction score
Got to take out our new 23GSRA on its maiden voyage today! I got the break-in started this afternoon and after the first 2 hours of trolling, got to get her up to speed for a bit. This boat exceded my expectations on all accounts. Handled the chop so nice, top speed was more than enough. The Yamaha 200 4 stroke was oh so quiet. I had a few things I was worried about that turned out to be nothing... 1) the Kicker Kmc10 and the 4 speakers I wanted to upgrade were more than adequate.. 2) hydraulic steering (no power assist) was just fine at all speeds. My dealer talked me out of adding the power assist and I was hesitant to not add, glad I didnt spend the extra $2000. If i can figure out how to post photos I will do so.... gonna be a great summer! Oh yeah, christened the bow with the champagne of beers, cause I was not about to break a glass bottle on this thing:)

Attachments

• A2258811-F52C-474B-A5A8-D7B9D5AE3AC8.jpeg
    A2258811-F52C-474B-A5A8-D7B9D5AE3AC8.jpeg
    101.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 8069578D-A4B8-4BD0-A2ED-DEA1D918C0DD.jpeg
    8069578D-A4B8-4BD0-A2ED-DEA1D918C0DD.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 255BAF3E-36EF-4EDE-9964-322213A459A7.jpeg
    255BAF3E-36EF-4EDE-9964-322213A459A7.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 89
  • 884FDC45-E71F-4032-A17B-456407D03BD7.jpeg
    884FDC45-E71F-4032-A17B-456407D03BD7.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 9DD2D291-2D44-43AC-8C29-ECB272E6B456.jpeg
    9DD2D291-2D44-43AC-8C29-ECB272E6B456.jpeg
    127.1 KB · Views: 91
  • 813CAAF8-0A80-4212-95D6-26FA8B92455A.jpeg
    813CAAF8-0A80-4212-95D6-26FA8B92455A.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 92
Congrats! Just beautiful!!! Where do you boat???

Nice looking Bennington! Where do you boat in Kansas? Ever boat at Truman?

Nice looking Bennington! Where do you boat in Kansas? Ever boat at Truman?
Was out at Perry today.. we keep a RV there as it is fairly close (40 min) from our home.. I have never been on Truman, but may make it down there this summer as I have some friends down at Long Shoal. Lots of family at LOTO, but that nonsense is not my speed;)

Was out at Perry today.. we keep a RV there as it is fairly close (40 min) from our home.. I have never been on Truman, but may make it down there this summer as I have some friends down at Long Shoal. Lots of family at LOTO, but that nonsense is not my speed;)

You must have purchased your Bennington in Harrisonville. They talked me out of power assist too. I made them install it at the dealer. Glad you like your steering. It is all personal preference. I am slipped at Long Shoal.

You must have purchased your Bennington in Harrisonville. They talked me out of power assist too. I made them install it at the dealer. Glad you like your steering. It is all personal preference. I am slipped at Long Shoal.
John said he has only had one that has added it, he must be talking about you!! I had a good buying experience with them. We had some terrible salesmen at other dealerships in the area (different makes of boats)..

John said he has only had one that has added it, he must be talking about you!! I had a good buying experience with them. We had some terrible salesmen at other dealerships in the area (different makes of boats)..

They are great to buy a boat from. I have purchased three from them. John is a great guy. I am the one!

Very nice ride!!!

Congrats on the new ride. I still don't understand why every boat does not come with a rub rail.

Congrats on the new ride. I still don't understand why every boat does not come with a rub rail.
None on our's either purchased off the dealer lot. :(

Philthy, very nice looking vessel you have there! Love the christening!! Thanks for sharing some pics with us. Looks like you're already making memories...

Philthy.... great looking boat! Absolutely beautiful. Congrats, and enjoy your summer on her.

Last edited:
None on our's either purchased off the dealer lot. :(
That's what I mean, It's not that expensive and should be on all Benningtons as standard equipment.

Looking good, enjoy. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on power steering in a few months. I suppose I may be rather basis as I am 67 with a shoulder replacement and another on the way. I couldn’t be without power steering, particularly when tubing with the grands.

Looking good, enjoy. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on power steering in a few months. I suppose I may be rather basis as I am 67 with a shoulder replacement and another on the way. I couldn’t be without power steering, particularly when tubing with the grands.
I will report back, especially after the watersports get going.. My last boat had cable steering, so I guess coming from that to hydraulic, the difference is noticably eaiser. Also still have young shoulders!

That's what I mean, It's not that expensive and should be on all Benningtons as standard equipment.
Couldn't agree more!

Looks great, congrats!

Looks great!!! Enjoy your summer on your new boat!

Love the pictures. What a great summer ahead for you and your family. I would think stepping up from cable steering to hydraulic would be a big change. Probably feels super easy! ;)

If one doesn’t have shoulder or back issues, is aging and losing strength, and/or if not doing tons of tubing, it is no biggie. :cool:

If doing lots of looping around tubing, particularly if mixed with aging or bad backs/shoulders, then that $2000 is money well spent. :rolleyes:

A younger version of myself would have never bothered with it. 48 year old me with a bad back and bad right shoulder from sport and a car accident, jumped at it last year when we ordered ours. Not to mention one of our main intended uses was tubing and water sports. :)

Back