Maintaining Bimini Tops and Playpen/Mooring cover

I was just wondering the same thing Toon, I wouldn't see why not.  I have a gentle cycle on my washer and its large enough for a Cal King comforter. Was thinking of trying it today.

I've done the bimini and the boot in our washer and it looks great. I let it air dry afterwards.

Will you need to treat them with waterproofing?

After you wash them if you want, but I don't.

My Bimini

snapped off, I'm assuming high wind, where can I purchase the fittings as some are broke off, actually just one but prob need entire kit.

Your dealer should have the colored caps to match. A canvas shop will sell them also. Don't buy cheap and get a good installation  tool which is about $125.00.

The playpen cover on my 2001 2275 RL needs to be replaced.  I was wondering if any of the years are compatible with each other?  Specifically, would a 2003 2275 RL fit on my pontoon without any problems?

It should fit but the snaps won't line up.

Good to know.  There are playpen covers for sale that you have to punch your own snaps into the cover so you are able line them up with the old cover.  So it looks like this will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I have been really lucky. I pull my boat on the interstate for an hour one way( Centerhill) to one lake and ( Dale Hollow)  2.5 hours at 55 mph speeds to another lake with my cover on  for the last 4 years. Am I beating the odds? It doesn't seem to stress anywhere and I'm sure if a snap was to come loose it would not be good. But I love my cover it keeps the bugs off my beautiful interior.  :(

I guess I have been really lucky. I pull my boat on the interstate for an hour one way( Centerhill) to one lake and ( Dale Hollow)  2.5 hours at 55 mph speeds to another lake with my cover on  for the last 4 years. Am I beating the odds? It doesn't seem to stress anywhere and I'm sure if a snap was to come loose it would not be good. But I love my cover it keeps the bugs off my beautiful interior.  :(
I don't tow my pontoon except to seasonally launch and take out once a year. I did tow my previous boat - a bowrider - and did have the cover rip off on the highway, taking the support poles with it. Ripped out 16 snaps when it happened and fortunately there wasn't a car close behind me. I wouldn't tow without a dedicated trail or cover with straps.

And the Bennington warranty is very good and honored. My cover had a few small tears at the 4.5 year mark and they replaced the cover for $0, ie free per the warranty.

Well Im 30 days into the boat and still haven’t received a critical piece of canvas that connects the bimini to the arch.  Cant say anything good about the customer service at this point. 

I own a business and when we screw up and everyone does, we jump through a hoop to satisfy that customer.  Not so with Bennington.

Are you sure you are placing the blame properly; Is this a Bennington issue or a dealer issue

Its both.  The dealer should have made sure all the parts were there.  Bennington should expedite the part. 30 days and counting should be adequate.   Bennington says they have no inventory to ship from, custom part ect.  

I hear ya. You might not have the right ear. Case in point, I was at a pool dealer today looking at his display, the handle came off in my hand from one of his display pumps, his reply. "You'll have to excuse us, one of our customers needed a part, and I did not want for them to wait on the manufacture." Guess I'll be digging more into this guy as a potential, but also the manufactures reputation.

Obviously there is a problem but it still does look small, what are the dimensions of it?

Back