Master Power Switch vs Battery Switch

Titletown Mike

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and online and can't get a consistent answer to my question. What is the purpose of the master power switch? If I turn the battery switch to off, wouldn't this kill all power? Does the master power switch kill power to everything if the battery switch is left on. Just want to know if the +$162 dollars if necessary if I can just kill all the power with the battery switch.
Thanks for your feedback.

Turn off the batteries and you have no power.

The master power switch turns off all accessories, not power to the motor. You can still start the motor if the mater power switch is off. If the battery switch is off you will obviously not be able to start the boat or have any power to accessories. I like the power switch as you can have key off and have power to all your accessories.

Thanks for the feedback. Making some last minute changes to my order before it is too late.
Rock on with your bad selves!

Mike:

My first 2 Benny’s didn’t have this feature...

My current one does...

I’d never have another boat without it...

Well worth the few dollars...

LOL.
Placed my build this weekend. The dealer is promising a delivery by end of April. Have a couple of weeks to make any tweaks before the build is scheduled.

75% of the time it will be just my wife and I.
95% of the time it will be 6 or fewer people.
The last 5% of the time, 8-10, but just out for a tool around the lake or up and down the river.

20 SSNPX
Mercury 90 with CT
Under deck wave shield
Tilt steering
25" tube upgrades
Rough water package
Striker 4 fish/depth
Simtex Platinum
Seagrass flooring
Battery - Dual with switch
Dock lights in stainless housing
Upgraded rear fishing seats

Last edited:
Nice! What color?

Horsepower is cheapest during the build. Get all you can. It is nice to get you back quickly during a storm and always helps resale.

1trotter, I completely agree with you that hp is cheapest at build and helps with resale. I have a strict budget and need to stay where I am. Its either no boat or this boat, and I've been without a boat for 2 years now and am dying to get back on the water. I wish I could go more hp, but can't at this time.

1trotter, I completely agree with you that hp is cheapest at build and helps with resale. I have a strict budget and need to stay where I am. Its either no boat or this boat, and I've been without a boat for 2 years now and am dying to get back on the water. I wish I could go more hp, but can't at this time.
Hey Mike, Keep reading this Forum we will have you breaking that strict budget. These guys are good at it.

I forgot the cost, and don’t know if your model has it as standard, but extended aft deck is great, especially if you’ll be fishing out the back.

I have a 20ssnpxp. Basically the same boat. 90hp is the max on that even with the 25" upgrade. Not much for a rear deck and im not sure if the extended deck is even offered or not but doing the swim ladder upgrade gives you a nice extended aluminium platform behind the rear gate.

The only thing I'd delete from your build is the striker fish finder. I don't think much of them and hate how they are placed. For what they charge for one you can have a pretty nice humminbird helix that is way more useable even if you don't fish much. The gps nav maps are worth it and if you add a contour map for a specific body of water they really shine!

I have a 20ssnpxp. Basically the same boat. 90hp is the max on that even with the 25" upgrade. Not much for a rear deck and im not sure if the extended deck is even offered or not but doing the swim ladder upgrade gives you a nice extended aluminium platform behind the rear gate.

The only thing I'd delete from your build is the striker fish finder. I don't think much of them and hate how they are placed. For what they charge for one you can have a pretty nice humminbird helix that is way more useable even if you don't fish much. The gps nav maps are worth it and if you add a contour map for a specific body of water they really shine!
Little-B,
I took your advice and will be adding the upgraded swim ladder with platform to provide more room getting on and off the pontoon via the ladder. I am also investigating alternatives to the Striker 4.
Thanks.

Little-B,
I took your advice and will be adding the upgraded swim ladder with platform to provide more room getting on and off the pontoon via the ladder. I am also investigating alternatives to the Striker 4.
Thanks.
Mike, Told you we would get you to break that "Strict Budget" We all do it ! Enjoy your new boat !

Thanks for the feedback. Making some last minute changes to my order before it is too late.
Rock on with your bad selves!
LOL.
Placed my build this weekend. The dealer is promising a delivery by end of April. Have a couple of weeks to make any tweaks before the build is scheduled.

75% of the time it will be just my wife and I.
95% of the time it will be 6 or fewer people.
The last 5% of the time, 8-10, but just out for a tool around the lake or up and down the river.

20 SSNPX
Mercury 90 with CT
Under deck wave shield
Tilt steering
25" tube upgrades
Rough water package
Striker 4 fish/depth
Simtex Platinum
Seagrass flooring
Battery - Dual with switch
Dock lights in stainless housing
Upgraded rear fishing seats
May want to consider adding:
Extended aft deck,
Simrad5 GPS and depth/fish finder (upgrade)
master power switch

May want to consider adding:
Extended aft deck,
Simrad5 GPS and depth/fish finder (upgrade)
master power switch
Mike,
The extended aft is not an option for this model. I did the ladder upgrade which offers an extended platform at the ladder. I had to delete the master power switch to upgrade the ladder to stay within my budget. I doubt I can do the Simrad 5 upgrade, but am evaluating that vs other upgrades.

Mike,
The extended aft is not an option for this model. I did the ladder upgrade which offers an extended platform at the ladder. I had to delete the master power switch to upgrade the ladder to stay within my budget. I doubt I can do the Simrad 5 upgrade, but am evaluating that vs other upgrades.

If you are somewhat mechanically inclined, get a decent aftermarket fish finder. I picked up my GO5 on Feebay and installed it myself, and that included minor trimming of the helm. I would not recommend it for "fishing" though as that screen is hard to see the fish id's. I'd stick to a Humminbird or Garmin if you are looking for fishing unit.

Im guessing if some have issues being able to see the screen on their fish finders its because they are flush mounted in the dash? The pic is from my first boat but have the exact same set up in my new one. The ram mounts are worth every penny! It swivels to about any location you need it in order to see the screen and does not block any guages or interfere with the cover when its laid down over the center of the dash. Just my suggestion wether its a humminbird or whatever brand you choose. Mine is a Humminbird Helix 7 and I wouldn't want to go any bigger in that location. And I doubt it was more than $200 above what they get for the useless (to me anyways) striker installed by the factory. IMG_4119.JPG

Back