Matted Carpet

Jack M

Reaction score
At the end of last season ,I noticed that our carpet  on our  "CW "  was getting matted .

I found a this Carpet Brush on Amazon .I tried it yesterday and it brought the nap back up .

If you have a vacuum you use on board ,bring it with you when you use the brush .The brush kicked up some sand and even pieces of aluminum that had we had never seen or felt .

303 Fabric Guard today .

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-155900-Carpet-Upholstery-Brush/dp/B001GJ3E5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496918007&sr=8-1&keywords=mothers+carpet+and+upholstery+brush

71IN55zhYdL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been meaning to waterproof the carpet but just haven't had a chance. I have some waterproofer leftover from when I did the mooring cover in the spring........Ill get to it.......

Thanks for sharing Jack. I've noticed ours is matted in the travel areas. Probably would be a good idea to give them a refresh.

I had same issue ..... ordered a new boat with Seagrass ..............  :lol:

Thanks for sharing Jack. I've noticed ours is matted in the travel areas. Probably would be a good idea to give them a refresh.

At the end of last season ,I noticed that our carpet  on our  "CW "  was getting matted .

I found a this Carpet Brush on Amazon .I tried it yesterday and it brought the nap back up .

If you have a vacuum you use on board ,bring it with you when you use the brush .The brush kicked up some sand and even pieces of aluminum that had we had never seen or felt .

303 Fabric Guard today .

https://www.amazon.com/Mothers-155900-Carpet-Upholstery-Brush/dp/B001GJ3E5C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1496918007&sr=8-1&keywords=mothers+carpet+and+upholstery+brush

Like the brush idea, but I use the Rug Doctor on my snap in carpet several times a year. Or after catching a couple on the floor of the boat doing the dirty deed. The Doctor does a great job of keeping it look new.

Back