Memorial Day Weekend 2018

Alicedream

Reaction score
15180739-6AB4-490E-A8E2-96FC79B37EAC.jpeg 93A1C626-FD04-4915-8125-73BFAB345868.jpeg ED66D608-17EE-400C-86D8-0B0988D7F614.jpeg Post pics from the weekend in this thread.Hope Everyone has a safe and great holiday weekend! These pics from Friday. The weather gods have brought mid-90’s temps and no rain for the next three days here in western Missouri!

Good for you, Ray. We’re going to be washed out with that storm coming up through the Gulf. :(

We dont go out on holidays too many rental boats

Good for you, Ray. We’re going to be washed out with that storm coming up through the Gulf. :(

Sorry to hear that Randy. Was looking forward to seeing whatever delicacy you had on that new grill. We were do a good one here last three years have been pretty bad.

We did the majority of our Memorial Day Weekend boating on Friday. Left the slip at 08:30 and were off the water approximately 15:00. We traveled approximately 40 miles round trip. A nice cruise up Lake Granbury into the Brazos River, to Horseshoe Bend, and back.

girlssandbar.jpg

There's a popular place to pull onto a sandbar and swim up river. We were there for quite a while and only one other boat showed up. We thought maybe there had been a shark attack or something. Very odd that we had the place to ourselves for a while.

My next order of business was to give the boat a nice cleaning today. We took the boat out of the marina this morning, cleaned out all compartments, did a thorough re-organization, some safety checks, and are in the process of putting everything back now.

cleanout.jpg

We will probably do some tubing and swimming Sunday morning, 08:30. We have no plans to go out on Monday.

We arrived at our cottage Friday night. From the Smith family to yours, enjoy Memorial Day weekend!

Spend time with the one’s you love. Enjoy the extra time away from work if you get it. And remember those in our lives, and those that have served, that are no longer with us.

Dinner on the deck to kick off the weekend:
588D4F88-EECA-43A5-AB5D-6B371C1DD8EF.jpeg

Cruising with my little buddy Leo. It was his first time out on the boat.
4E1AE519-FD41-4BED-8561-3AB02FA66553.jpeg

Daughter with our dog’s first trip out on the boat:
98C3E30F-3405-498E-B275-7D557ECDA8D2.jpeg

Wash out here. Looking forward to boating vicariously through you all this weekend. And what Carl said regarding the meaning of this weekend. Enjoy the cottage Jeff!

Attachments

• DE6E22C0-134E-4DE3-9539-BBD1247DAF3F.png
    DE6E22C0-134E-4DE3-9539-BBD1247DAF3F.png
    501.4 KB · Views: 6
Wash out here. Looking forward to boating vicariously through you all this weekend. And what Carl said regarding the meaning of this weekend. Enjoy the cottage Jeff!

Ouch. Sunshine state needs some sun!

We are in Boston attending my youngest Daughters graduation from Harvard. So we will be missing any boating this weekend. May not be a bad thing, I’m retired so I have all week to go out when there is much less activity on the lake.

We are in Boston attending my youngest Daughters graduation from Harvard. So we will be missing any boating this weekend. May not be a bad thing, I’m retired so I have all week to go out when there is much less activity on the lake.
Congratulations to your daughter and it sounds like you just got a raise!

Jeff, looks like you're getting a lot of use out of your new lake home and boat! Can't wait to splash our's next Sunday!

Congratulations to your daughter and it sounds like you just got a raise!
Hope to see the light at the end of the tunnel. She is an MD, this Masters from Harvard marks the end of her fellowship at Boston Children and Harvard. Hopefully she can start paying for her own cell phone now.

Back