Mercury 400R

More than what I paid for my boat 8 yrs. ago.......Ha!

Well, you'd need ~$15k to add the Mercury Joystick Control for twins  ^_^

Well, you'd need ~$15k to add the Mercury Joystick Control for twins  ^_^

So you're already $47000 in and that doesn't even include the model boat yet.....That joystick control would be pretty cool to have and operate. Saw a few on bigger boats at a boat show in DC.

Oops! Make that $79000 for twins.....Crazy!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll buy 10 of these. Put 5 in the back 3 in the front and one on each side. I mean heck. If your going to make a scene...Make a scene.

I haven't seen a report on a Benny.

Bear in mind the 400R is just spinning more RPM than the 250/300/350 Verados. Those have peak power @6100 with 6400 max. The 400R has peak power @6700 with 7000 max, so it has to really be screaming to make a difference in regular use.

Nonetheless, I cannot wait to hear from the first member with one of these.  How fast 250 has been passed by->

250 passed by, how about my 115. 

When I first starting looking for a pontoon I looked at some used ones, they were all 60hp and I would not consider them for that reason.  Now I will have that problem if I ever want to upgrade - Unless I can paint that 1 and make it a 4

Boatingmag.com has a review of a 25 qx fast back with the 400.  Better bring the checkbook for that one 

Totally worth making the wife get a third or forth job to support that fuel consumption!

Boatingmag.com has a review of a 25 qx fast back with the 400.  Better bring the checkbook for that one 

50.5mph @6900 rpm screamin'

37.5 gph at WOT!!!   

That would be $93.37 worth of fuel (not marina gas) at today's price for an hour of fun.

I'm a newly minted retiree and can't afford that shit. I'll stick with my 21 SLXP w/150, thankyouverymuch!

Back