Mercury introduces new V6 175-225 models

goldnrod24

Reaction score
Just got back from my dealer ,looks like I may be able to upgrade to a 200 .

Just got back from my dealer ,looks like I may be able to upgrade to a 200 .

But do you really “need” to ..... ;)

No .But less than a new boat ,which is why I went to see him .:p
These can be ordered with mechanical or digital controls That is what made it cost prohibitive in the past . Dealer still doesn't have pricing on them .

Nice! Keep us updated Jack. From what I read in the links, those are going to be solid motors. Is it enough to make me join the dark side????? Not yet.

If we were to go with a new boat ( I doubt it ,still no Crimson Red ) I would be leaning to an E-Tec.

If we were to go with a new boat ( I doubt it ,still no Crimson Red ) I would be leaning to an E-Tec.
E-tec...... no we’re talking! :)

Why is that? The ease of maintenance?

The maintenance is simple, oil consumption is minimal, weighs about 100lbs less than a standard 4 stroke. I do like the holes shot of the two stroke and it pulls all the way through. I don’t have anything against the 4-strokes, I run a 4-stroke dual sport but I can’t bring myself to buy a 4-stroke snowmobile. Everybody makes good stuff nowadays and I wouldn’t let the motor brand or type make or break my deal if I really like the dealer. Besides Evinrude is a BRP product and I live and breath Polaris. My Skidoo buddies are in heaven riding my can about it! ;)

Nice! Keep us updated Jack. From what I read in the links, those are going to be solid motors. Is it enough to make me join the dark side????? Not yet
They do come in White now also

Everybody makes good stuff nowadays and I wouldn’t let the motor brand or type make or break my deal if I really like the dealer. Besides Evinrude is a BRP product and I live and breath Polaris. My Skidoo buddies are in heaven riding my can about it! ;)

So true these days. I leaned Yamaha or Honda before purchase, but switched to Mercury due to our preferred local dealer being Mercury. We love it! Now I “feel” like I wouldn’t go any other way. However, I am very confident I’d feel the same about the two brands above, or an Evinrude.

Now about this Polaris v Skidoo thing....You gotta defect and go with the peer pressure Adk. Team Skidoo my friend! ;)

FC53C5D9-0CCB-4695-BCB1-8F5E6D45D099.jpeg
96A07675-6D3F-48EE-8E3C-79D7F2197A4A.jpeg
9447771F-537C-4ECB-A4E8-E78F2014E590.jpeg

You can also get the Mercury primed and the decals not installed , I would have it painted to match the boat

I think EVERY engine manufacturer should offer matching paint job like Evinrude. Because of the color of our boat, our Mercury Verado pro looks spectacular with it. However, I see no reason for the price point/product point of these motors, that they cannot offer this option up at the time of purchase/order.

When I see the custom matching paint of the Evinrudes with a beautiful and matched pontoon, I just shake my head at Yamaha, Mercury, Honda, and Suzuki for not offering the same thing.

I think EVERY engine manufacturer should offer matching paint job like Evinrude. Because of the color of our boat, our Mercury Verado pro looks spectacular with it. However, I see no reason for the price point/product point of these motors, that they cannot offer this option up at the time of purchase/order.

When I see the custom matching paint of the Evinrudes with a beautiful and matched pontoon, I just shake my head at Yamaha, Mercury, Honda, and Suzuki for not offering the same thing.

Yamaha does offer matching paint color on their motors.

I wasn’t aware Yamaha did this...wonder why I have never seen it done? I always have only seen their standard color. Hmmm...

Last edited:
I obviously wasn’t aware of that Yamaha did this...wonder why I have never seen it done? I always have only seen their standard color. Hmmm...
Probably because they charge ~$3k extra per motor, which is just just ridiculous. Merc was doing the same thing on the Verados because they just weren't designed to be alternatively painted, too many different parts and materials. It looks like the new ones were specifically designed with this in mind though.

I wasn’t aware Yamaha did this...wonder why I have never seen it done? I always have only seen their standard color. Hmmm...

The Bennington 2018 brochure has several pictures of Yamaha motors painted to match the boat color.

Back