Merry Christmas to the Bennington family.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
I wish for all your dreams to be reality. Hoping you can reflect back on 2018, and count many blessings. Wishing each of you an even better 2019.

Last edited:
Right back atcha Randy. A healthy new year to all.

Actually Jeff I do! Looks nice to me, but only for 2 months max.

Love the photo Derrick. Those trees in the background look fake they are so nicely covered in snow.
We had some crazy fog, sprinkle of rain, made all the trees have an amazing hoarfrost!! Unfortunately, not so nice for a lot of surrounding areas hydro lines!!

my little wife bought me a Minn Kota Deckhand 40 anchor winch. Now the research starts for the best place to mount it.

Mines on starboard bow. Switch mounted on side of helm. My cover had to be modified for the winch. Here’s a pic so you can see the mount. Easy wire run through M brackets.

8DA19BD9-5BF5-4BAC-B66F-8B0974BD524A.jpeg

I went with the port side on the stern. I might get another for the bow, but this will be a good test for us. Won’t have to alter the mooring cover, yet. I also just offered the remote switch, so it’s supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

I mounted my remote on side of helm below throttle. Nice place, but I have to be careful covering/uncovering as I tend to hit it with my knee and drop the anchor at the dock ... luckily I normally hear it or I’d get a big surprise pulling away ... :confused:

40FF7C40-AAC9-4F45-815C-EE779047BDAC.jpeg C930C3DA-1AB5-472F-A6F0-E932C0F7BE63.jpeg 76761BEE-08ED-458E-86AA-EFE612C99729.jpeg Here’s mine. Remote being delivered tomorrow.
And yes, part of the shield is hanging below the deck. After I install the remote, I’ll button that back up.

Wondering about the Minn Kota. Some brands say not to use with salt water. MK doesn’t seem to say. Wondering if that means it’s safe.

Hey Randy, I thought the rule of thumb was to always anchor from the bow. It sure blends in being black though.

Back