Might be minus one boat within a few days.

The ESP has the larger 32" tube in the middle with strakes on it and on the inside of the outer 25 inch tubes. This set up will allow the boat to bank in the turns........

The SPS has 3 25 inch tubes. The center tubes have strakes on it and the outer tubes have strakes only on the inside. This set up allows the boat to also bank in the turns but not like the ESP........

The Express tube package has 3 25 inch tubes with strakes on all tubes. This set up will make the boat turn flatter because the outer tubes also have strakes on the outside........

I guess you can go to Benningtons Build a boat to see what the price differences are......

This boat has strakes only on the middle toon. The outter toons have no strakes, if I'm remembering correctly. The center toon goes from bow to the front of the v-shaped transom.  It doesn't go all the way for the motor to mount on. 

Price difference is 2200. for the Express Performance Pack and right at 6000. for the SPS. Lot of difference for something we won't be using for many skiing adventures, if any at all. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on pulling the trigger.  I would think very carefully about the EPP verses the SPS.  If you're going to up grade the SPS or ESP is the way to go. I have had both the SPS and ESP and yes the ESP is better for banking in turns but not way better. There are some slight differences but I think the SPS with power steering assist with a 150 to 200 is a great set-up. Enjoy the upgrading no matter what you decide!  

This boat has strakes only on the middle toon. The outter toons have no strakes, if I'm remembering correctly. The center toon goes from bow to the front of the v-shaped transom.  It doesn't go all the way for the motor to mount on. 

Sounds like the Express package. The center tube doesn't go all the way to the back. 

On our I/O the express center tube attaches to the motor pod that the motor sits in so its continuous from bow to stern. On outboards it ends just short. 

Go to Benningtons Build a Boat. It details all of the available packages.......

Is the Express performance package the same as the ESP?

Nope, they are not the same as BigK stated above, The ESP has the larger middle tune that runs the entire length. Hopefully you can demo before signing on the dotted line. Exciting! Good luck...

They don't have another one to compare with, but as long as I don't know the difference by testing them side by side, it shouldn't be a huge deal to me. This one will be such a huge upgrade, that I'm not sure it would matter.  

And yet no pics!!

All in due time grasshopper. Just listing our house this week. The new one isn't all that fancy, but meets our needs for just the 2 of us. Then there is that fabulous GOM beach access we'll have, less than 100 steps away  B)

Sadly, it also means I'm preparing to list the Benny any day now, before summer's gone. Even after 4 years, it's such a perfect boat in every way :-(

All in due time grasshopper. Just listing our house this week. The new one isn't all that fancy, but meets our needs for just the 2 of us. Then there is that fabulous GOM beach access we'll have, less than 100 steps away  B)

Sadly, it also means I'm preparing to list the Benny any day now, before summer's gone. Even after 4 years, it's such a perfect boat in every way :-(

Want to trade for a 2014 sslx with the saltwater package? It is spotless!

Hopefully you will stay on here and share your wisdom after the sale and move south.

Hopefully you will stay on here and share your wisdom after the sale and move south.

If you think he's a wise man now, just wait until he after moves south. You'll have to pay him for his knowledge, then. He'll gain wisdom that you won't believe. 

Nope, they are not the same as BigK stated above, The ESP has the larger middle tune that runs the entire length. Hopefully you can demo before signing on the dotted line. Exciting! Good luck...

The ESP has the larger 32" tube in the middle with strakes on it and on the inside of the outer 25 inch tubes. This set up will allow the boat to bank in the turns........

The SPS has 3 25 inch tubes. The center tubes have strakes on it and the outer tubes have strakes only on the inside. This set up allows the boat to also bank in the turns but not like the ESP........

The Express tube package has 3 25 inch tubes with strakes on all tubes. This set up will make the boat turn flatter because the outer tubes also have strakes on the outside........

I guess you can go to Benningtons Build a boat to see what the price differences are......

Sounds like the Express package. The center tube doesn't go all the way to the back. 

On our I/O the express center tube attaches to the motor pod that the motor sits in so its continuous from bow to stern. On outboards it ends just short. 

Go to Benningtons Build a Boat. It details all of the available packages.......

ESP.........ELLIPTICAL SPORT PACKAGE. Banks in turns.

EPP..........EXPRESS PERFORMANCE PACKAGE. Flat turns.

The only thing I said was similar was the ESP and SPS...........No biggie!

You can't beat the blackout edition.  I love mine with the Matador Red.  Congrats on the purchase! 

Nah, dreamin about twin 350 VRods, joystick ...

Sorry Spoiledrotten. That's a sweet boat, but you really should seriously think SPS, just sayin', right back on topic.

Spoilerotton,

The SPS with the 150 Yamy is way cool. We had a pontoon that turned flat and was kinda weird for anyone who came from the runabout world. I am thrilled with the SPS. 

I went by the dealership to see about a 2018 blackout edition with a 150 Yammy, that my wife saw from the street while riding by. It's got the rear facing loungers that my wife had to have. After I talked to the rep for a little while, he said he had the name of someone looking for a 20' like mine. He called the guy. Well, this morning, we took my boat out for the prospective buyer to try out. He said as far as he's concerned, it's sold. He has to get a cashiers check to me to seal the deal. I spent the rest of this morning cleaning out the toon. 

Sure wish mine would go like this! Talk to the rep again and see if he knows someone for mine!  Haha 

I bit the bullet. I surely appreciate the advice about the sps, but like I said, I don't have antpything to compare it to, so I'll be happy with the EPP. The SPS would be another $4000. I believe we're going to be very happy with this one. 

Pics are in my gallery.

Beautiful boat brotha! 

I've only had 1 pontoon boat and it has the Express package and love it! Sure I'd love to whip around on a banked turn after my skiier lets go but It does very well getting back there when it has to......

Congrats! Awesome looking Bennington. 

I sold my previous Bennie with the Express tube to get one with SPS. No comparison, no regrets.

Drive them both before you buy. SRSLY.

Beautiful boat brotha! 

I've only had 1 pontoon boat and it has the Express package and love it! Sure I'd love to whip around on a banked turn after my skiier lets go but It does very well getting back there when it has to......

The only other pontoon I've had was the two toon that I just had, and this one has got to be way better than that, so i'm sure I'll love this one, too. Thanks Bigkahuna.

Back