Might be minus one boat within a few days.

Looks like you're having too much fun with the new boat, Randy. Better be returning her! BTW, as you know, there's been some discussion on this forum regarding how fast a person can go with the bimini top up. You might have just set the record... :)

I'm wondering if that slowed me down any? I'll have to try again when the bimini is down.

I've never ridden on an express package boat but not sure how it would bank without all the goodies underneath like the sps has. 

I think you're correct Andy. There is nothing to help it bank to the inside on a turn, just 2 lifting strakes on the express tube.

He said  the outer tubes DON'T have the strakes on the outside which would prevent the boat from banking. What else would prevent him from banking? 

I'm wondering if that slowed me down any? I'll have to try again when the bimini is down.

Yup it slowed you down some. It's like a big sail up there.....

Last edited by a moderator:
The EPP package is not a banking,performance system. It will give you more buoyancy and speed but it will never turn like an SPS or ESP.

What do you think? This is around 3500 RPM. TRIMMED AT ABOUT 1/4. I can't even see the cavitation plate, so I don't know what level it's at. Sorry about the 90* on the video. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this doesn't help! When we got back from a day on the water, I noticed, again, that the center toon storage is still wet. I pulled a few things out and turned on the bilge pump. I'll bet 5 gallons old water came out of there. First thing I thought of is that there's most likely a pinhole where the lifting strikes were welded on that log. Today, I'm emptying the log, pulling out the cushion material, and the platforms. I'll see if I can find where the water is entering. 

Wow! 5 gallons is pretty significant. Where does the tube from the bilge pump empty to. That would be a place to check.

Good luck......

Wow! 5 gallons is pretty significant. Where does the tube from the bilge pump empty to. That would be a place to check.

Good luck......

It dumps just outside, and down the side of the toon. This morning I got to thinking. That dealership leaves all of the new boats on the lot uncovered. We've had a great deal of rain this summer, so it may have been from that, and they never pumped and cleaned out the storage compartment before turning it over to me. I just got everything out of the storage and vacuumed all remaining water out. Fixing to launch it to see if water gets in. If not, then I'll be relieved that I don't have to take it in for repair. 

Been on the water or about an hour. There is about 1/4 cup of water in there, which could be from what I missed. 

Mine normally stays in a covered slip and thus gets no rain water.  Docked at a friends house one evening and it poured for about 2 hours.  There was a LOT of water in the center toon after that rainstorm.  Pumped out with the bilge pump and haven't had any in it since then.  I'm betting that time in the dealer lot uncovered is what filled yours.

Does the bilge pump come on w/a float switch or is it manual?!?

Does the bilge pump come on w/a float switch or is it manual?!?

It has a auto/manual switch, but leaving it in auto is a battery drain. Not sure how much though. First time out after a hard rain I will turn mine on auto as I am leaving the slip just to see. Don't want the pump to run dry since you cant see the discharge. 

It has a auto/manual switch, but leaving it in auto is a battery drain. Not sure how much though. First time out after a hard rain I will turn mine on auto as I am leaving the slip just to see. Don't want the pump to run dry since you cant see the discharge. 

Everybody keeps mentioning hard rain. How is the rain water getting in? Is the cover not on?

The cover has slots for air.

The cover has slots for air.

My old cover had those vents built in for ventilation but not much water got in when it rained hard. My current cover has no vents because the Sunbrella fabric is breathable........

Everybody keeps mentioning hard rain. How is the rain water getting in? Is the cover not on?

Considering you normally can't see the bilge like you can on a fiberglass boat, I turn it on just to make sure. In auto it will not come on until there is a good amount in the bilge. So it doesn't hurt anything. I did take the platform in the bottom of the tube out the other day and did see some water. Probably from dripping from getting out of the lake, plus the dog was laying on a wet towel over the in-floor storage cover. 

Before I bought it, the dealer keeps all of the new boats uncovered, in the lot. Very easily could have been the rain water. They just never got it out during prep. 

Considering you normally can't see the bilge like you can on a fiberglass boat, I turn it on just to make sure. In auto it will not come on until there is a good amount in the bilge. So it doesn't hurt anything. I did take the platform in the bottom of the tube out the other day and did see some water. Probably from dripping from getting out of the lake, plus the dog was laying on a wet towel over the in-floor storage cover. 

We have a bilge pump in our I/O compartment. Water only gets in if we are constantly in and out of the water and it seeps down there.

But there was one time where the pick up tube of the speedometer was not working properly and it was bringing water into the compartment. At the end of the day when we took the plug out we couldn't figure out where the water was coming from.......

Back