Mildew Removal

Michael Joseph

Reaction score
I’m starting to get a light mildew buildup on the floor of my 2018 22GCW. Any suggestions for cleanup that will not damage the sea grass flooring? I was going to try Starbrite Mildew Remover and a scrub brush. My boat sits in the water most of the year, covered.

I tried these 4 and the Mold Armor worked the best. It is bleach based which they say is not good for threads in seats
but should be ok for your flooring - test in a hidden spot.

Attachments

• 20190621_101117 (1).jpg
    20190621_101117 (1).jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 16
The Mariner 31 says it's a non-acid formula but doesn't mention bleach at all. Says it's safe except for wood, fabric, and painted surfaces.

I had some pretty stubborn stains in my boat. I tried the fantastic, the green stuff, star brite mildew remover and the 303 cleaner. None of them took the stains away. I then tried the 30 second outdoor cleaner last weekend. It’s available at Home Depot and you hook the bottle up to the end of a hose and spray down what you want to clean. If you have stubborn stains you can scrub those areas with a brush. Then, before it dries, hose it off with plain water.. I was really happy with the results and It was easy to apply.

Back