Mildew Removal

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
We have had a mildew on our seats problem for years.  We had a old mooring cover that was not waterproof.  Since replacing the cover we still have mildew after storage.  This year I bought Marine 31 mildew remover combo after reading their web site.  I have used several other brands of mildew products with no success.  This stuff is amazing.  I sprayed it on and watch the mildew disappear.  Some of the mold spots are 5 years old.  98% of the stains are gone and 100% of the mildew is gone.  I scrubbed the really bad stains and the rinsed with clean water, dry the seats and applied Marine 31 mildew protection.   

The pictures are the  after & before

The small bottle was not enough to do the whole boat,  I just ordered the 128oz bottle.  

http://www.marine31.com/marine-31-mildew-cleaner-kit.html

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW, that's quite a difference. Thanks for posting

Very impressive! Have to give that one a try.

Big difference! The bleach/water concoction I have used for years has worked for me........

Next year put 3 canisters of Damp Dry throughout your boat and it will suck up the moisture under there that causes the mildew.......

Thanks for posting this....I am always looking for a superb product to remove little areas of mildew...have never found that perfect product yet....hopefully this is it.

The Marine 31 products are amazing.  We finally got to Lake Cumberland 2 weekends ago to put the docks in.  Got the big boat out of storage and uncovered it.  It was a disaster.  There was mildew everywhere.  I should have taken pictures.  I sprayed the mildew remover and it just disappears.  You can still see the damage the mold does to the vinyl but the mold is gone and killed.  I then used Marine 31 vinyl conditioner.  When we got back I called them and got more information about their products.  They make a mildew protection product.  It's ok to use the conditioner and then spray the mildew protection as an additional layer.  I ordered a gallon and will apply next time down.   

Awesome thread! We had some very minor mildew issues when we got ours out of storage this year. The first year I had the boat shrink wrapped but trying to cut cost I just went with the play pen cover this year throughout the winter. Luckily it all came off with some mild soap and hot water combined with a little elbow grease. So this definitely makes me a little less weary about storing it this winter.

This is a great thread. I don't have mildew problems but I'll tuck this one away. Thanks for posting!

Nero, where have you been???

This is a great thread. I don't have mildew problems but I'll tuck this one away. Thanks for posting!

Nero, where have you been???
To many projects going on lately. Been swamped at work and more swamped at home trying to get to all the little things I've been planning for years

I hope you are able to get out on the boat once in a while...

I hope you are able to get out on the boat once in a while...
Absolutely. Will be wiring up my 24v battery setup this weekend for my new trolling motor. Totally going to step up my fishing game to a whole new level!

Back