Minn Kota Talon shallow water anchor

RReaume

Reaction score
has anyone mounted a Minn Kota Talon shallow water anchor on their pontoon? How’s it handle in rough water? Does it hold?

I have an 8’ power pole on my 18ft benny. I only fish on a lake. The power pole holds until wakes from other boats make the power pole skip across the bottom as my boat bobs. I find that the anchor mode on my trolling motor works much better.

I have an 8’ power pole on my 18ft benny. I only fish on a lake. The power pole holds until wakes from other boats make the power pole skip across the bottom as my boat bobs. I find that the anchor mode on my trolling motor works much better.

Thanks
Good to know, I decided to go with the sea legs instead.

That's why I would like some feed-back on the talons. They have wave-aborbsome build into them. They will move up and down with the waves like a shock absorber. They also have a rough- water mode were the spike is driven down with 3 times the force into the lake bottom.

Back