Mold on Flooring

Tom K

Reaction score
On my 2017 Bennington (sawgrass flooring), the cooler of Gatorade leaked and soaked into the flooring. I rinsed and cleaning it with 303 and left for the weekend. The floor now have a black mold (presumably) in the weave of the floor. I tried soaking and more 303 but it is just stuck into the flooring.

I think I have exhausted the manual methods and was wondering option.

1) I have a power washer which I would think would be too much.
2) I have a SteamCleaner (McCulloch) and was thinking that would work but wanted other options before trying.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you tried a soft bristle brush and organic soap, or something like Simple Green?

Everything I've read on seagrass or woven vinyl flooring says you can use a diluted bleach solution to clean mold/mildew from your floor. (Just Google it) Put an ounce of bleach in a spray bottle with clean water and mix it up. Spray on the mildew/mold and it will disappear. Then take another spray bottle with plain clean water and spray where the mildew/mold was and wipe with a towel. If it doesn't get rid of all of it the first time........Do it again!

I did try the simple green with the brush. It just didn't get into the smallest sections of the weaver.

I will try the bleach next time I am down.

Try some Mold Armor (comes in a green spray bottle). It contains no bleach but is pretty effective in removing mold and mildew stains. I've used it in hard to reach places along the seat bases and in corners with good success. Obviously, it's also good around the house.

Back