Mooring cover support poles!

Have you tried the 10 or 15 ?

what about using a hose clamp. Cheap and removable.

I got frustrated with multiple pole failures (always seemed it was a different pole at a different time!). I tried several tape fixes with varied, but ultimately poor results. I bit the bullet and purchased adjustable painter's poles from Lowes (or Home Depot) which are rock solid in maintaining their length and strength in the frequent thunder storms of Northwest Florida. Just a suggestion that maybe that's an option to consider.

Painters pole .... who’da thunk ... that’s a great idea, and I saw them at ACE for $10 ... nice tip!

Had a new cover made 2 seasons ago that included new support poles. You adjust the tension that you want and then twist to tighten. I also still have the thumb screw type like Carl.

In the quick clips cover demo video from another thread, you can see twostraps going from the Bimini to the mooring cover. The guys refers to them as puddle straps. Presumably to stop puddling. I haven’t seen another mention of them in other threads. Not sure exactly how they hook up. I have three straps detached and one that’s part of the Bimini.

Anyone use these?

I use it. I only have one loose strap but it is long enough to attach one end to a clip on the port side of the playpen cover, then toss the other end over the Bimini and clip that end to a clip on the starboard side. Tighten the strap to lift the rear corners of the cover so water won’t pool there. From a picture it probably looks like 2 straps. Someone (I think Dave - semper fi) had his strap wear the Bimini cover so you can loop the strap over the anchor light bracket instead of the top of the Bimini.

I need to start using mine. I pulled it out the other day and I'm missing a clip on one side of it.

61444137-F3BF-48E5-836A-7C8CA5186F9C.jpeg

Not sure mine is visible enough from my security cam shot that I just took, but mine goes over the closest point of the anchor light. I didn’t want it wearing on the Bimini boot.

Back