Mooring cover

RCHIII

Reaction score
I am new to the boating world and a new boat owner. I just had a new 2014 20 slx delivered memorial weekend. My question is the mooring cover snaps do not always line up, is there a trick to putting it on? Should I start at the bow or stern of the boat?

Thanks

Our finger is on the starboard side ,so we start on the port side .Then do the bow , then starboard . I set the poles, last is  the stern .

Works fine once you find a routine that works for you 

We take our poles down, unsnap it, fold it in half, then in half again lengthwise, then I roll it neatly front to rear. To cover, unroll, unfold, snap it on, pop in poles. Don't forget the strap (if you have one) for the rear that goes up over the Bimini to keep water from pooling on the rear.

It takes us 5-8 minutes MAX to cover/uncover.

We take our poles down, unsnap it, fold it in half, then in half again lengthwise, then I roll it neatly front to rear. To cover, unroll, unfold, snap it on, pop in poles. Don't forget the strap (if you have one) for the rear that goes up over the Bimini to keep water from pooling on the rear.

It takes us 5-8 minutes MAX to cover/uncover.
I had no idea that the strap was there for pooling water.  I had just assumed it was for trailering, or perhaps someone told me that at some point.  Thanks for the tip!

To put the cover on, you roll it out and start snapping at the rear.  I come down one side to the front.  Then I go to the rear and snap the remaining snaps down the other side.  I leave the front end unsnapped as I crawl inside the cover (starting at the rear) putting the poles in--telescoping them very tight.

The straps on the rear end are to wrap around the lowered bimini top to keep water from puddling.

The snaps on your cover should match the snaps on your boat, as the snaps on your boat were installed to fit your cover.

To remove the cover, I unsnap one side front to back and flap 1/2 of the cover over the other--that's still snapped.  Then I unsnap the cover along the sides--leaving the front end snapped.  I'll start rolling the cover at the rear end--pulling on the snapped front end to give it some tension.  It'll wrap up pretty tight.

Take care of your cover as a replacement might cost as much as $1500 through your dealer's parts department.  Replacements come in without any snaps--as they have to be matched to the boat's installed snaps.

Back