Mooring Whips

Padre

Reaction score
I am going to invest in some mooring whips. 22' boat. Any suggestions? Should they have rollers on the ends to prevent rope fray?

Can't say, never used whips ........well not on boat anyhow ...... :)

Care to share..... lol

Steve
Well STEVE, never shared my whips with a guy, but ........ I'm game if you ........ Uh never mind ..... Lol!!!!!

ROFL!

Okay about the whips; I use them all the time, I have photos in my gallery with my toon on whips.

My whips were orginally for a 8,000 pound boat. They still work just fine on my toon. Mine do not have rollers, I replace the line about every three years due to UV damage. I do pull all my lines off the dock during the storage months, prolongs their life greatly.

I set my whips the same width apart as the cleats on my boat. I use spring lines; one 5 foot line from the bow cleat directly to the dock, one 5 foot line from the stern cleat directly to the dock, then two crossing lines (from boat bow cleat to stern dock cleat, from stern boat cleat to bow dock cleat). I have these pre-rigged (I only have one loop to place on each boat cleat) I simply pull up, place the lines on the boat cleats, place the whip lines on the boat cleats, pull the whips taught and I'm done. Honestly less than two minutes by myself.

This setup keeps my toon at least 3 feet off the dock, it doesn't matter how windy or how much wave action there is.

Link to the photo

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang Steve, you must have KICKED BUTT in the long jump at school.!!!! Haha

Just have extremely long arms, legs pretty short.....

Steve

Back