Most likable / useful flooring

jonesjj3

Reaction score
I have been scanning through most threads and post and try to search specifically for flooring, if it is there I must have missed it, so I wanted to start a thread on just that.

Any way going to spec out a new 22' Cruse/Fishing SSX next week and was wondering how people are liking the flooring that they have or have had in there boat.

From the few posts I have read the Seagrass is pretty popular, I am looking for that good all around flooring that looks good, non slip as much as it can be easy to keep clean from food, fish stuff, sand, stuff like that.

Looking forward to hear from other owners and there thoughts on what they have, how they like it and if given a choice would they change.

I love the sea grass. It looks great and it is easy to clean.

I cannot say enough positive things about the seagrass flooring. We have the beige seagrass in our 2017 Bennington. It is AMAZING. Comfortable in the sun. Doesn’t get slick slippery on us. Seems easy enough to clean. I wouldn’t go with anything else now after getting it.

We have designer vinyl
Mostly because when we ordered sea grass was only available in one color and the commander didn't think it matched the colors I wanted on the boat as well as designer vinyl. Anyhow, two seasons in with two daughters, a Labrador and countless friends and I've zero issues with the floor. I'd likely choose it again in an effort to save money for POWER

I know most everybody raves about sea grass, but we think the bamboo feels less abrasive on the feet and seems to be more "cushioned". Unfortunately, it also costs more to go that route in 2018 but if we were to do it again, we'd stick with bamboo. I think flooring is a pretty important part of the boat so I'd suggest going to your dealer and taking your shoes off and trying them out.

I know most everybody raves about sea grass, but we think the bamboo feels less abrasive on the feet and seems to be more "cushioned". Unfortunately, it also costs more to go that route in 2018 but if we were to do it again, we'd stick with bamboo. I think flooring is a pretty important part of the boat so I'd suggest going to your dealer and taking your shoes off and trying them out.

Bamboo would be on our short list. We really liked it to, and considered it when we got our 2017. It is great flooring too, although we ended up going with seagrass last year.

I wanted to x2 the suggestion of feet testing the various flooring. As stated above, it is one of the more important decisions because you are on it ALL THE TIME when on the boat. It’s going to be both a tactile experience as well as having practical and aesthetic considerations. Being able to feet test various types of flooring would go a long way in making the best decision for you and those that will ride with you most often.

Designer vinyl as well, it does get hot in direct sun, seems sturdy enough and cleaning hasn't been an issue.

I love the Seagrass. It's easy to clean, non-slick and doesn't get overly hot. Everything gets very warm out here (120+ sometimes in the summer) but it's not unbearable. The gray carpet I had in my Malibu got much hotter.

Seagrass FTW!! I think ours feels softer than our carpet did on our old boat. It was a absolute must on our new one. No soaking wet carpet anymore !!!! ;)

Another vote for Seagrass, no issues.

We’re rocking the nutmeg aqua teak with snap in carpet. Probably run without the carpet full time now.

Nice people, hearing great things here about the seagrass I will def be taking shoes off to check out that and the bamboo, I am so glad this forum exist. Feeling really good about getting on the Bennington club wagon.

Look at the flooring samples. The Segrass we 50% thicker than the other options which was a deciding factor for me.

Thanks for that bit of information I will be checking out the thickness of that and others also

We have the sea grass and love it!!

Looked at the seagrass and it is nice seem thicker and was comfortable to walk on, looking at more tomorrow

Back