Motor Cover

NorthMyrtle

Reaction score
Do you have a preferred brand of motor cover? 

Previously had a factory Yamaha cover for a 70hp and it worked good but expensive need to buy a new one for a 2016/17 Yamaha 150hp.

Before buying I wanted to hear your experience with factory or aftermarket covers. 

I loved my Yamaha SHO cover. Snug fit, used it for towing, no issues.

I had one for my recently traded-in Yamaha F200 and I loved it.

I would have bought it off of you!

I really wish I would have thought of that Andy. You can ask Randy (goldnrod24) I am pretty generous in these transactions. I will have a Kicker KMC10 available if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
DOH!

I really wish I would have thought of that Andy. You can ask Randy (goldnrod24) I am pretty generous in these transactions. I will have a Kicker KMC10 available if anyone is interested.

Hmm, maybe!

It did not take long but the KMC10 has already been claimed. 

Good deal! It's nice of you to offer up the equipment to the group. :)

Good deal! It's nice of you to offer up the equipment to the group. :)

Thank you. This is a good group here that I really enjoy. I like that I am helping someone on this forum!

We have a factory yamaha f150 motor cover and like it a lot.  Fits good and looks good......doesn't have the trashbag over the motor look of a universal cover with a stretchband around the bottom.  I bought if of ebay from a marina in florida that sells factory parts on ebay.  The cover was less than $90 shipped to our door.  Looks like the covers for the newer style cowling f150's are a little bit more but still not bad.

New cowl 150 motor cover HERE

Cheaper......new style factory cover HERE

Try to get one that is lined to help prevent scratching .Some of the lower cost ones are not lined 

The factory yamaha one we have is lined with a soft material (kind of like fleece) to prevent scratching the cowling.  We use our cover over the winter months but probably should start using the cover all during the summer as well.  I figure during the summer the boat is getting wiped down while at the sandbar almost every weekend and the motor gets waxed at the same time.

I had a good aftermarket cover for my HPDI.  The tie string disintegrated in one season in a saltwater environment.  I just keep a good coat of wax on the cowling now. 

Are "Deck Hands" limited on the size of picture they can upload?  Like to share a pic of my fiberglass Bennington, but not permitted.

Do you have them hosted someplace......such as photobucket or imageshack? If you do you can simply link them here.  If not I'm not sure if there is a size limitation if you upload them to the gallery here.

Hosted at photobucket:

DSCN2730_zpskpbrw51p.jpg

Back