Motor question

Norma

Reaction score
We just bought a used Bennington with a 2004 Yamaha 90hp. We took it out for the first time last weekend and it ran beautifully all day. When we returned to the dock and loaded the boat, we had switched it off but needed to pull it up a little further on the trailer. The battery was dead!!! Any ideas on what may be the cause???

Dead battery?

Make sure you didn’t accidentally pull the off safety lanyard

We just bought a used Bennington with a 2004 Yamaha 90hp. We took it out for the first time last weekend and it ran beautifully all day. When we returned to the dock and loaded the boat, we had switched it off but needed to pull it up a little further on the trailer. The battery was dead!!! Any ideas on what may be the cause???
After you check the obvious problems, { connections and fuses} make sure the battery is being charged.I had a 2003 Mercury 90 Hp which was identical to the Yamaha. My rectifier went bad, that is what charges the battery, it was a simple fix, also if the battery was charged but boat motor won't crank, check your neutral safety switch in the controller. I had some issues with that.

Back